Close One

The phrase, If looks could kill, flashed through my head. There she was. The infamous model ex girlfriend of Jared. She had long brown hair, long skinny legs, and was wearing a floral dress. She had an effortless elegance about her. Talk about a blow to your self esteem.

I look away but I could her stare burning a hole into my back.

"Are you okay?..." Jared asked looking up at me.
"Y-Yeah...I'm fine."
"Margot, what's wrong? I know you, I know something's up."

I turn to look back at Valery and Jared follows my face.
"Ohmygod..."

As he says that, she turns to us and flashes a smile, but not just any smile, it was the most evil smile I had ever seen. She got up from her table and walked over to us.

"Jared! So good to see you! I miss you!" She giggled and put her hand on his shoulder.

I look up at her and give her a death stare. I could feel anger taking over my body, who did she think she was walking over here and touching my boyfriend.

I stretch my arm out and say, "Margot..Margot Robbie. Pleasure to meet you! I'm Jared's girlfriend."

Her smile instantly falls and she retracts her hand.

"Oh, hi! Valery Kaufman."
Still smiling I say, "I know who you are. You're the one that fell while walking for Oscar de la Renta's fashion show right?"

She squints her eyes and looks at me angrily. "I'll see you later Jared!"

What?

She walked back over to her table and I look at Jared with confusion.

"What does she mean 'See you later?'"
"Babe, I meant to tell you, I'm doing a photo shoot for Gucci and she's going to be there..." He looked at me and was reading my face for any emotion.
"You forgot? She's your ex girlfriend Jared!"

I get up and storm off. It doesn't help that I'm trying to get away from everything, whilst people are yelling my name asking for pictures and autographs. I just want to get away-

*Honk*

I had absentmindedly walked into the middle of the road, not realizing a car was coming. I freeze and before I know it a guy pulls me to the sidewalk.

"Hey are you okay?! You almost got run over!"
"Yeah sorry, I just spaced out.."
"C'mon, let's go inside this coffee shop. You can sit and clear your mind.."
"No it's okay.."
"I insist, I'm not letting you go until your mind is clear. Wouldn't want you getting into any more close encounters."

We walk inside and head towards the back. He goes up to the counter and orders something. He's tall, has sandy blonde hair, and green eyes. He walks back over and says, "Here, I ordered you a green tea..Hope that's fine?"

"Yeah, but really you didn't have to."
"It's fine, don't worry."

I could feel my phone ringing non stop, of course it was Jared.

"Jared, I don't want to talk right now!"

I hung up and began to cry.

"Hey what's wrong?" He pulls me close and wraps his arm around me.
"It's my boyfriend..He's going to see his ex and he didn't tell me..I know it's not a big deal, but she's a model! How can I not be insecure?!"

Right that moment, Jared walks in. He looks all around before finally seeing us.

"What's going on here?"
"Jared calm down, don't make a scene."
"I don't care about making a scene, you're my girlfriend! Why does he have his arm around you?"
"Dude, she was almost run over I was just helping her."

I get up and walk to Jared. I turn to this mystery man and say, "Thankyou for helping me....Uh?"

"Alexander, Alexander Skarsgard." He smiles.

"Thanks Alexander!" I smile back.

I turn back to Jared and say, "Let's go."