The Test

It had been a week since the photo shoot and we had come to New York to relax. We were going to be going to California since it was time to start doing press for Suicide Squad. It was gonna be so much fun seeing everyone again. I missed them all so much, especially Cara and Karen.

Jared and I head to the airport to meet with the "squad". We arrive and I immediately spot Cara.

"Margot!" She runs over to me and practically knocks me over.
I laugh, "Nice to see you too Car!"

We all greet each other and board our private jet.

*2 hours later*

We arrive in California to do Conan and we head down and prepare.

We do the interview and it was amazing seeing all the people that support the movie, after all, everything we do is for them. Now, it's time to do Comic Con. I wait patiently for my name to be called and as I wait, I can't believe that I'm actually here. This is what I've always wanted. My name is called and I walk out, sitting between Will and Jared.

As I answer questions, I can feel Jared staring and I can't help but giggle

As I answer questions, I can feel Jared staring and I can't help but giggle. Other cast members answer questions and I'm startled when I feel Jared grab my hand.

He leans over and whispers, "You look so beautiful."
I smile at him and mouth Thankyou.

The panel ends and we go to sign posters and meet with some fans.

* 3 hours later *

* 3 hours later *

It's been a long day and we all head to our hotel. Jared and I, of course, share a room and I feel gross and tired and decide to take a shower. I take my toiletries into the bathroom with me and I begin taking things out and placing them on the vanity. I get a knot in my stomach as I look down and see tampons. I had completely forgotten about my period. Wait...

I mentally take note of the last time I got my period and.....I'm late.

I sink to the floor and feel waves of confusion. What if I'm pregnant? No, no way.....Could I be? And if I was, how would Jared react? He's not ready, he's got so much going on and I do too.....but a baby? It's all I've ever wanted.

I....I need time to think.

I step in the shower and turn on the water. I set it to the hottest setting and let the steam fill the room. I wash my body, stoping my hands when I get to my stomach. Tears fall down my face, not of sadness nor happiness but of utter confusion.

I hear a knock at the door, "Babe, you okay? You've been in there for over an hour.." Jared walks in and I turn off the water.

"We need to talk..." I say, grateful that my tears are masked by the water on my face.

He frowns, "What's wrong?" He wraps a towel around me and pulls me in for a hug.

"I don't know how to...say this but.....I'm late," I say, burying my face into his chest, too scared to look up and see his reaction.

He laughs, "Late for what?"

He doesn't understand. "Jared, I'm late," I say turning my head in the direction of the tampons.

He follows my gaze and his laugh immediately stops.

"Oh."

Here it comes, the speech about how he isn't ready, how this isn't what he wants.

Tears fall down his face, "Margot, I.....I can't believe this. Are you....Have you taken a test?"

"No, I hadn't even thought about it...until now. But I understand,....if this isn't-"

"Are you kidding? This is more than anything I could ever want! If you're pregnant, I think I would die of pure happiness." He picks me up in his arms and kisses my head.

"You have no idea what you mean to me, and I would be the luckiest man in the world to have you and have kids with you."

My heart melts as I see the happiness on his face. We decide to go to the local store and pick up a test. We disguise ourselves the best we can and we seemingly make it out without anyone recognizing us.

I go to the restroom and take the test while Jared waits outside. The 5 minutes pass and I see the results. I burst into tears and Jared opens the door.

"Let me see...."

I hand him the test.