Chapter Seven

The ride back home was supposedly boring, but as soon as I sit in the car and have Andrew's presence next to me, all those thoughts leave my head. I mean, who wouldn't want to spend some awkward silence time next to the person they love?

Andrew had arranged clothes and necessary stuff for me by the time we had our breakfast. Just like the businessman, he is, he has the situation in complete control. Despite how alluring the room was, we had to leave it. That is what it seemed to me, after all.

"You have everything you need?" Andrew asks as he clicks some buttons on his luxurious high-class car's front screen, before putting his phone on charge and checking mirrors.

"Yep," I reply as I click in my seatbelt.

"We probably would have two stops in between, ok?" he looks at me through his tinted sunglasses. I would be lying if I say Andrew doesn't look like a Vogue model escaped out of the magazine. Wearing a long sleeved crew rolled to his elbows matched with white pants, he steals a bit out of my heart.

"It's alright," I smile at him.

"You can choose whatever music you'd like and if you want, you can go back seat and rest. I'll drive us back," he reaches out and caresses my cheek with his knuckles.

"Thanks, I'm fine," with that said, he takes off and sets the car in the busy streets and soon we find our way to the soothing freeways.

True to his words, he stops in between, twice. Once at a nearby gas station, just so he can park and we get some stretching, even though I've told him I'm fine, he insists, we take the exit. And the time after that is at Target. We have lunch, buy food and take out time at a nearby café in the marketplace where we parked.

This may sound lame and unimportant to pay enough attention, but I feel a deep connection between us. He may not realize it, but what man would do such a thing. Aside from that, this is Andrew Martinez, who doesn't give a second crap to anything stupid, and who doesn't have enough time to give a seven-hour ride to me.

While sitting in the café, I dawdle observing him at the time he is busy looking out to a point far ahead, as if this is all the time I've got. During our few times we got to clear out the air, I didn't get enough time to tell him that a part of me liked his dominant side but not as much to get punished and take a whole package.

Perhaps, it was my affection for having sex with him, but I liked the way he used to control me in the bed. I liked the way he dominated me. But I also fear the part when he brings out punishment.

I know well that a part of him also wants, or maybe, needs that power, however, what made him change his mind is still a mystery to me. Even though he told me he entered this lifestyle as a distraction- for what, he never mentioned and I didn't press on it- what gave him the sense to throw that away to be with me? If I'm special to him after all, why not just be with me? Why trying to make me stay through some agreements? What is he afraid of?

"Your place or mine?" Andrew breaks my gaze off of the window. "You've been quiet for a long time. I almost thought you were asleep."

I take a few seconds to take my fallen thoughts. I've been so distracted that I haven't realized the passing time. It seems like that I have zoned out a long ago.

"Sorry, where are we?" I take a good look outside, only to see we're back in LA.

"You wanna come over to mine?" he takes his eyes off the road when we stop before a red light.

"Wow, you really don't want to waste any time," I tease.

He laughs, mockingly. "I'm not a sex addict, Laura. Just because you and I signed a contract, doesn't mean I want to have sex with you twenty-four hours, seven days a week." He shakes his head, before turning back to his divining.