Chapter Twenty Nine

"Rise and shine princess,"

The first thing I notice is the drilling pain in my skull and the throbbing coming from the backside of my head. My head is heavy. My mouth is dry. My body is stiff.

"Ah, there you are," the same voice says. It's nothing familiar.

Opening my eyes slowly, I come to consciousness. Although hazy, I see an endless darkness with a light brightening a few spots here and there.

There is a man standing before me. He's tall and clothed in dark attire. When my vision gets clear, I find him distraught and savagely dressed. His beard is untrimmed and is giving him a rough look. Standing before me, he has his arms crossed over in front of his chest.

Glancing down, I find myself sitting on a wooden chair, hands bound behind. I start panicking. The events come down crashing my consciousness. I remember being stolen from my car and knocked down. I remember my phone call with Andrew.

"I hope I have provided your wishes, your highness," the man mocks me.

"What do you want?" I say in a coarse voice, coming from my dry throat. Testing my binds, I find my legs tightly secured to the legs of the chair and hands to the back. I am hopeless and helpless.

"Oh, nothing from you. It's your boyfriend, I need things from. I think he has figured everything by now," he says as he checks his phone. When he turns around, I see the shiny gun tucked into the waist of his pants.

He seems insecure, constantly looking over his shoulder and checking me. My stomach drops, thinking that I wouldn't make it out of here. Assessing the man, I realize I may be his only chance at what he wants and he's got nothing to lose. Thi type of people are the most desperate and dangerous ones who wouldn't think twice before pulling the trigger.

"Please, let me go. There's nothing you can do with holding me as a hostage. If they find you, you'll be sentenced. I can give you whatever you want. Just let me go. Is it money you want?" I ask, trying to find his weakness.

"And I would believe you wouldn't run your mouth and tell the police? It's over. Everything is over. Even if I go down, I'll take Andrew down with me," he laughs cruelly.

"What do you want from him? Why are you doing this?" I ask while my hands fumble in the back, trying to find a knot or a weak point in the rope. Crap, it's too tight.

"Why am I doing this?" he asks, looking at me curiously. "Ooh, let me guess, he hasn't told you who I am, has he? Oh, that's because he found out too late." He scrubs his chin, looking amused.

Grabbing a nearby box, he lifts it and puts it before me before taking a seat.

"So let's start the story. After Andrew was rescued, he sent for me. The mob had moved by that time, so no one got caught but I did. He stood before the court and watched as I got charged with raping and killing his sister. She was a little rat that was no good for anyone,"

"F*CK YOU." I snap, feeling rage at how he speaks of Chrystal. "You f*cking dirty *sshole. You deserve to rot in hell. Do you have any idea what you have done? And you're bragging about it. SHAME ON YOU. You are not a human being, you are a disgusting rat-

He slaps me hard on my cheek. I loss vision to black stars and soon a warmth spreads on my cheek.

"You dirty little thing - just like her. I should kill you too. Andrew would finally get for he's done to me." He chuckles. "I was in prison because of that f*cking rich mother f*cker. Now, it's payback time. I'll kill his girlfriend too. That'll be easy. I'll f*ck his life over before his eyes-