The One With The Proposal.

RIVER PHOENIX IMAGINE
For @CamrynKnightVail . Guys, this is actually the name of a "Friends" episode lol. Just pointing that out 😏
Hope you enjoy 🐼❤️💫

River and I have been together for a couple years now and I was preparing for our usual Saturday date night. My blue dress tugged at my body as he stood outside, dressed in a black and white suit, leaning against the hood of his car. It was insanely chilly this evening as he shot me a smile, edging in closer to my walking body as he lead the way toward the other side of the car.

"Will you need, help getting in?" He gulped but still remained his polite and gentlemen(y) gesture. I nodded and laughed under my breath. The ride was filled with mild conversation, but I felt him tense a bit at some of my answers as he shifted uncomfortably in his seat. Finally, we reached the restaurant, booked a table in a matter of seconds and sat across from each other. The food arrived and I dug into my spaghetti.

"Will you.. Um," He started to stutter but gained his words. "Will you pass the salt please?"

"Jesus, you're having a hard time saying those two words huh." I giggled, handing him the salt shaker as he grinned while moving the salt vigorously onto his plate.

"Yeah well. Those two words are a little huge to say to make someone nervous." He said, playing with his fork. "Those words are little but make huge wonders to some lucky people.." He mumbled.

"Are you nervous? Why would you nervous River?" I said softly placing my hand onto him to reassure him to not be hyped up over small things.

"Na-nothing Camryn. But you're right, I shouldn't be.. I mean, I'm not so nervous anymore." He said, smiling at the warm impact of my hand onto his. He interlocked them together as we both finished dinner.

Soon after, we made our way out of the restaurant to take a stroll around the prier, holding hands like the lovers we were. It was strange that Fall had just started and they already hung Christmassy type lights hanging with a fresh orange glow radiating in on us. His hair looked so structured today as it stood as a blonde mess, I found myself laughing at it softly. He looked up at me with a curious look.

"Why are you laughing?"

"Your hair, it looks so fancy tonight." He cheekily hid a blush by turning the other way while I took the opportunity to compliment his whole gear-up tonight. His whole nervous-side made me have bad intentions, a bad vibe to him. As if we were gonna break up tonight, so I decided to spark up laughter to get him to react differently.

"Actually, your whole wardrobe looks insanely classy tonight, what's the occasion Riv?" I said, smirking at the look. Just don't let it be a breakup and I'm good. "God.." He laughed and faced me again.

"Um..Camryn. I need to ask you something." Will. You. Stop. Being. My. Girlfriend. Please don't say those words.

"Sure.." I started to say hesitantly.

"I just want you to get the idea that, well, we've been together for two years and.." Here it comes, what kind of idiots say breaking up is easy to do? This is literally the hardest moment for me to go through. But I had to hold it all in.

"You know. Boyfriend and girlfriend, but. I just don't think it should be like that anymore." He sighed, taking another deep breath as he put his hand into his back pocket. My eyes glistened with water as my head started to pound with a headache.

"It's okay..I understand." I said, feeling my voice drain out as I tried not to cry. Finally turning on my heel as I felt his hand grasp my wrist gently.

"Hey..where are you going? Wh-why are you crying?" He asked with worry, quickly seeing my hand wipe away fallen tears.

"Because you're breaking up with me. Some girls cry over things like that." I laughed thinly while he shook his head rapidly. "Oh god, no. I would never." He said, placing his hand on his head and shutting his eyes in agitation.

"I'm sorry for making you think like that, I just. I," He started to gain more nervousness as I just stood there, waiting for an answer. "Just, try not to say no?" He said with a hopeful look. I furrowed my eyebrows at him and answered fairly quickly.

"Will you not say no?"

"Depends." I challenged, crossing my arms as he drew in a breath asks muttered an "Alright."

His next action completely made my heart jump a dozen times in my chest. He went down to his knees and pulled out a little red box, pulling the top as a diamond ring appeared in all aspects of light. My breath shortened at the sight of it, and him.

"Camryn, I don't want to be your boyfriend anymore. I want to be more than one. A husband. A husband to share vows with, nurture those vows and take them to the grave with me." I just stared at his limp voice, the rush in my veins just made me wanna kiss him and tell him I'd always be his one and only, but is he going to ask those words--

"Camryn, will you marry me?" He said with an unsure face at my shocked face. The tension he was feeling was vivid as I needed to break the silence.

"No."

He sprung from his crouching position as his look would kill you just to show how sad he was. "W-what?" He said lowly, trying to understand what had just happened.

"You asked me not to say 'no'. No, I'd never say 'no' to accepting a husband like you." I smiled a glossy grin as the loose tears fell. He looked up from his ring and wearily tried to smile.

"So it's a.."

"Yes, a thousand times yes." I reassured with a proud voice. He pulled me in for a quick kiss before picking me up and twirling me around. I stopped him quickly with a grin and cupped his face.

"Now will you do something for me?"

"What?" He whispered.

"Will you," I said, gazing into his formation of tears brimming his eyes. "Stop being so nervous?" He blew out  a sigh and chuckled, finally wrapping his arms around me to pull me in for a hug as the night ended perfectly, with the perfect soon-to-be husband.

~ [✦]