The One With All The Stalling.

SODAPOP CURTIS IMAGINE
For @cxncersticks 💕 I was so busy this week, Grades are coming out :/ So I'm working on imagines this weekend! I promise! Hope you enjoy. Xx

  You walked inside the Dairy Queen, carefully staring at the giant menu hanging as another figure bumped into your shoulder. "Oh sor--" you both started to say as You looked up, seeing Darry Curtis. It's been years since you last saw him as he grew much boarder. You curled a smile at him in amazement.

"Darry?"

"Emily? Hey! How've you been?" He said, noticing the height difference as he stared down at you.

"I've been better. What about you?"

He gulped with sudden tension, realizing what you meant by that. "G-good. Uh, Pony's over there if you'd like to meet him." You suddenly cringed at the memories of you and Soda, playing along with Ponyboy, the insanely happy times you all shared before he cheated on you. But that was all just a fatal memory now.

"No, that's okay, I'm really just in the need for a milkshake. Tell him I said hi though." You smiled briefly. He continued to dance around the topic of Sodapop as he kept making small talk.

"So.. How are you really doing?"

"Dar. I told you, I'm fine. It was just a relationship that went on and ended. People go through things like that all the time, but I don't want to cling onto it."

"I know, I know. I understand you Emily but you've been best friends for 5 years and dated for 3. You can't just let go of him, Soda really cared about you."

"You can't cheat on people you really care about Darry." He sighed in defeat, shutting his eyes in agitation. But not at my answers, at the fact he couldn't defend what his brother did.

"You're right. But Soda's just, different. And I know you know that since you've dated him, the countless girls gawking at him and purposely trying to push you out of his life. That was hard, but you were strong to get over it, right?"

"Darry, I never meant to be the jealous type. But I am the type to get furious when I've been cheated on. I couldn't handle it anymore. He chose Victoria over someone who's forgiven him way too many times. I just, I don't think I'm ready for this again." You said, facing the floor.

"All of this doesn't matter now Darry, In present day! So just forget it. Anyway, I'm not in the mood for a milkshake anymore. I'll see you later Dar." You mumble, stuffing your fingers into your back pockets and slowly-walked to the exit.

"Wait, Emily!" He stammers, stopping you frantically. "Maybe we should talk about this more, it'll help the situation get off your chest." He said, glancing out the panel windows as if he were waiting for somebody. "No. It'll add on, bye Darry." You started to say as his actions made you merely confused. So you followed his eye movements.

Finally you catched on. He was stalling you. No, Darry couldn't possibly do what you think he's doing. He wouldn't dare--

"Did you tell Soda I'm here!?" You blurted, staring at his nervous face with panic. His eyebrows shoot up in surprise to confirm your suspicions.

You didn't react to this. All you did was speed-walk to the exit once again, pushing away Darry's arms extended to keep you here. But you couldn't stay here, even for a second anymore.

Finally out, your head collided with a body rushing inside the restaurant. You wobbled back a bit and quickly faced the stranger, apologizing. "I'm so sorry, I wasn't looking.." Your heart jumped in your chest when you realized it was Sodapop.
He panted out of breath as he gave you a worn-out look, his hair tussled in a wild look as you stared at him, bewildered.

All that could run through your mind was images of him & Victoria. You snap out of your daze, with pursed lips and desperately tried to squeeze past him.

"Wait, Em. Please." He said, grabbing onto your arm. You lost it when he called you 'Em,' but you had to be strong. "No." You muttered silently.
He turned your body towards him.

"Please?" He said with a whisper, eyes swallowing in water as you gave in, submitting to defeat.

"You have 10 seconds." He nodded as he began to pour out what was on his mind.

"I'm sorry. Okay, I realize I never apologize for the countless girls trying to take my attention from you. I'm so sorry for the girl who actually did take my attention away from you. It was my fault that she did, if I was a loyal boyfriend and felt the least bit of commitment to you and this relationship, I would have never seen things in her that you already had. I'm so sorry for fucking this amazing, surreal and beautiful relationship we had and always will have. I don't want her, I never did, and I never understood why I wanted her. I only want you, because you have everything I ever dreamed of. And I'm not saying "please understand I'm such a boy-toy, everyone in this town wants me and you're just gonna have to respect it," I'm saying I'll give up anything for you. I'll-I'll give up my looks by smashing my face through a brick wall, I'll start dressing like a girl so no girl would ever look at me. Just please, please take me back. I'm sorry Emily. I'm so sorry for hurting you." You bit your lip at his last paragraph and you giggled softly at his words. His panting face with worry wore off as he glared at you puzzled. "Why are you laughing?"

"You'd become a lady for me?" You re-stated as he shut his eyes in solid laughter. "Well, how else would I not attract girls? Simple. By becoming one." He joked blandly. You laughed at his words with crossed arms, memories of him cracking jokes flooded your mind as you tried extremely not to cry as he already started.

"Emily I promise you, I'll be the one to respect you and understand you more than before. You're everything to me, and I wanna be everything to you." He finished. Your eyebrows furrowed at him and you replied with a cracked voice.

"You were everything to me Soda, but all I can see in you now was Victoria. Was she really worth losing our relationship?"

"I would never want her to ruin our relationship! I miss you so much Emily." He admitted. "Please, give us one more chance?" You drew in a deep breath and looked at his teared face, wrapping your arms around his neck and giving him the signal to put this all behind us. 5 years of being best friends and 3 of dating are not going down the drain. But you knew you made the right choice. & you were correct.