Chapter 1

CHAPTER 1

" Mum what's wrong ? " Turning round I saw concern inched on Amy's face.

" Nothing pet !" I said wiping the tears away.

" I am not stupid you know."

Instantly she ran over to me and threw her arms around my neck.

" What's wrong ?" She asked once more.

" I just received a letter asking if I would go to the Girls Aloud reunion party."

" Let me see !"  She grabbed the letter from my hands and began to read it

" Ooh My God ! , Mum you have to go."

" I can't !" I replied before fixing my gaze to the floor.

" Why ?"

" Because Kimberley will be there." Finally saying what I was thinking only caused me to cry harder.

" It's been 10 years since you last spoke , Come on I am sure you would like to see her again." 

" I would love to see her again believe me , But I am not sure she feels the same after . . .  what I done to her." The last statement made me cringe.

It had been 10 years since I had last spoke to the girls I had left with Amy when she was six and moved over to America. 

" Are you talking about when you shagged the brains out her then got up and left with me and basically broke the band up."

" F*ck thats it in a nutshell , I still can't believe I told you the full story."

" Well , Am glad you told me." She said with her mixed Geordie/American accent.

" And anyways I am 16 I know all about shagging ! "

" Honestly I wonder where you get your swearing from !" I giggled.

I had told Amy all about that night with Kimberley because I thought she had a right to know what a coward her mother was. Since we left Amy missed Kimberley they were extremely close and loved each other very much. She would go over and stay each weekend when we didnt have any work comitments. After me and Ashley got divorced he just F*cked off and left us never bothering to make contact with his daughter. That was when Kimberley became my rock she held me when I cried , Wiping away the tears as they fell. Then one night we both got drunk together and well the friendly kiss went to far. Waking up in the morning I paniced I didn't know what to do or what was going to happen to our friendship so I just left , Like that I got up packed my bags booked two plane tickets and left. Yes I loved Kimberley with all my heart and yes I had to admit to myself that it wasn't just a drunking one nighter , I was in love with her but by the time I realised it I was already in America struggling to bring up my daughter who had went off the rails since we landed. It was all my fault really I had took her away from her best friend , The person she adored with all her heart and that person was Kimberley , She loved the rest of the girls aswell but there was that special bond between them also the same bond I shared with Kim aswell.

" Mum please you have to go , And I really miss then all."

Looking up I saw the tears forming in Amy's eyes.

" Come here !" I wrapped my arms around her neck and pulled her close.

" Shhh , We can go if you really want to."

" I do , I really miss them all especially Kimberley."

" Ok , Well you will have promise me you will be there for me , Because its going to be really hard." At this point tears where pouring from my eyes.

" Course I will !" She smiled before wiping the tears from my eyes.

" Well I better go and book tickets , We all know how shite you are on the internet."

" Haha ! , Ok hun "

Chim - Don't Walk AwayOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara