Chapter 11- The Inevitable

Chapter 11

The Inevitable

Kaiser Donovan

I walked down the stairs, finally prepared to sit down to this lunch from hell. As I walked down, I saw August at the door talking with the delivery boy.

He was cute and smiling hard. August closed the door and I relaxed. When the doorbell rang again and he opened it, I froze.

I listened to what they were saying because they were so loud. And since I wanted to know.

"Can I, at least, get your name?"

"It's August."

"I'm Angel."

My father started down the stairs, so I continued down to make it seem like I had never stopped. I walked to the kitchen and made myself look busy.

My father stepped in, seconds later.

"Are you okay?" He asked.

I nodded. Why wouldn't I be?, I thought.

It was only a matter of time until August moved on. I couldn't honestly expect him to stay stuck on me for the rest of his life. I'm happy for him.

I sat at the breakfast bar. Seconds later, August walked in.

What took you so long?" Dad asked.

"There was an annoying delivery boy."

"And you still tipped him?"

"Yeah."

August pulled out the trays and placed one in front of each of us.

We ate in an uncomfortable silence. As soon as I finished, I got up and rushed upstairs. I didn't want company. This day couldn't have been any slower. I jumped on my bed and closed my eyes, praying for sleep.

*******

When I woke up, it was purple outside. The stars looked beautiful at this time.

Midnight, probably half past, I thought.

I checked the time. 12:34.

I smiled to myself. I used to use the stars as a clock before. When I didn't have a real one. It Was one of my only hobbies. Tracking the stars, it was all I could do.

I sighed. I had to stop doing that. Bringing everything back to what happened. I had to get over it. I kept pushing people away. And after a while, there won't be anyone to push.

I sighed again, feeling a depressed state trying to take over. I don't know why the thing with August hit me so hard. I practically forced him to move on. I should be happy. I am happy. Right?

I groaned. I need to get over myself. I didn't expect him to stay on me forever anyway.

I swallowed and realized how dry my throat was. I jolted up in my bed, happy to have a reason to get up. I sat up in my bed for a second and looked around. I was lucky. Even though, I had went through hell, I got out. A lot of others didn't. I knew that. But sometimes I wish that I hadn't been lucky. Sometimes I wish that I had died. I stood away and shook the dark thought away.

I slowly walked downstairs. I knew that I wasn't going to fall back asleep. I entered the kitchen and opened the door. After surveying the contents, I found what I wanted, lemonade. I loved lemonade. I pulled the cold glass container out. It was the only constant thing in my life.

I thought about yesterday. Dad said that I didn't have to go to school tomorrow but I still had to go to my meeting with Ms. McCain. Maybe I'll talk today. I doubt it.

I heard footsteps and immediately turned around. There was August, wearing a pair of my Dad's sweats and shirtless.

I was startled.  The lemonade bottle fell from my hand and shattered as it hit the ground. The glass bounced as if it were on a trampoline before settling down. I jumped when the whole floor surrounding me, filled with freezing liquid. I gasped when it touched my already cold feet.

I squeezed my eyes shut and tried to calm myself. Breathing quietly and evenly always made me feel better. Then I remembered August was there. My eyes flew open.

"Are you okay?" August asked hurrying over to me.

I held up my hand for him to stop and pointed at the ground so that he would remember that there was glass in it. He stopped immediately and looked down. He pulled a rag from the counter and placed it in the ground.

Seconds later, my dad was down here. He was a light sleeper ever since I got taken.

"What happened?" He questioned.

I noticed he had his gun even though he kept his left hand behind his back so I wouldn't see it.

"Bottle fell. And broke." August said slowly.

"Oh." My dad nodded, watching the ground and all of his surroundings.

I managed to step away from the mess without being stabbed with a piece of vengeful glass. I then started to pick up the pieces, with the help of August, and place then into a rag.

My dad hovered in the corner and watched over us. When all of the pieces were gone, August wrapped up the rag and threw it away.  I wasn't going to throw it away completely but there was nothing to do now.

"Are you guys okay?" My Dad asked after a while.

I nodded while August said yeah.

There was a loud noise outside that made me jump. I hated how jumpy I was at night. My dad looked over at the door.

Walking towards it, he pulled back the curtain and cocked his gun. His eyes scanned outside for a full minute before he turned towards me.

"August, I need you to call 911. Don't ask questions, just do it. Ask for ambulance and Sergeant Milestone." He said before opening the door and stepping outside.

August hesitated before rushed to the phone.

I debated on whether or not, I should go outside and see why my dad needed an ambulance. What was wrong? Was someone hurt? Was someone going to get hurt? I debated and debated until my curiousity had placed me at the door with my hand on the knob. I opened it slowly.

And what I saw was going to stay in my mind forever.

***
Kpop Is Great Guys. Some Of These Songs Are Amazing.

Jay Park Has Recently Become Homie.

Anyway, Who Do You Think It Is?

Please Vote And Comment!