Chapter 20- Got A Secret

Chapter 20

Got A Secret

August Griffin

I chewed the end of my pen, lost in my own thoughts as my physics teacher droned in and in about quarks and antiquarks.

I spit out the pen. It was a disgusting habit but I always did it when I was stressed. And I was stressed.

I had just barely convinced Mr Donovan to allow to go to school today and home after. It took two days but I couldn't miss anymore of physics or I would fail the unit test.

Not that it mattered because here I was, doing anything but paying attention to my teacher.

I forced myself to pay attention and diligently copied notes into my book.

Hadrons, baryons, mesons, leptons. It was all words to me. I didn't understand it.

I silently cheered when the bell rang and quickly packed my things.

Outside of my classroom was Lyle. He patted me on the back and began to ramble on as usual.

"So you're finally back. What were you doing in Kaiser's house these past two days?" He asked, wiggling his eyebrows.

I laughed and responded, "I wasn't doing anything. Something happened and I couldn't stay at home so I stayed with Mr Donovan and April stayed with Olivia."

"You could've stayed with me."

"My parents don't know yours. But they know Kai's."

"Are you sure that is why?" He said and wiggled his eyebrows some more.

I shoved him away.

"Stop being an idiot."

"I can't help it. I was born this way." He joked, "You coming to practice today?"

"Only if I want to stay on the team."

"Great. I'll see you there."

We continued to talk about lacrosse and the new players as Lyle and I went to Trig.

The bell rang just as I closed the door.

"With seconds to spare, Mr. Young and Mr. Griffin." My teacher said.

Lyle and I mutter apologies as we found our seats.

We had a test tomorrow, so this was just a study period, thankfully.

Lyle and I say next to each other. As annoying and ridiculous as he was, he was really smart.

My phone buzzer in the middle of Lyle's explanation. I ignored it.

It buzzed again. I ignored it again.

"Just check it." Lyle said.

I looked up at him and sighed.

Opening my messages, I saw 2 new messages from an unknown number.

Unknown : Let's play a game.
Unknown: You should answer before I do something you'll regret.

My heart stopped and a look of fear flashed onto my face.

"What's wrong?" Lyle asked.

I opened my mouth to tell him before I received another message.

Unknown: Don't do that. Do you want to drag someone else into your problem?

I shut my mouth.

"Are you okay?" Lyle asked.

"I'm fine. It's nothing. It's Just April reminding me that she has cheer practice today." I said.

It wasn't a lie. Not a full one anyway. She has told me. Early.

"You know, a sensible person would want me to date his sister because you know that I would never do anything to hurt her." He stated.

"I know you wouldn't. But if you guys ever broke up, for whatever reason, I would be caught in the middle and have to chose sides." I responded, like everything was normal. Like a psychopathic criminal didn't just text me.

Unknown:I won't waste time with pleasantries. You know who I am. You know I'm watching you. You know why. And we both know what I am capable of. The only question is why haven't you stopped.

Stopped?

My first thought went to Kai. He wanted me to stay away from Kai. That was the point of the delivery boy. That was the point of all those messages, all of those threats.

Unknown: We obviously need to have a conversation. I'll tell you when.

I bit my lip. The end of the period couldn't have come sooner. When the bell rang, I wasted no time to get out of there. Our of that class. Out of the building. And to Kaiser's house.

It took me less than ten minutes while speeding to get there. I jumped out of the car. I rang the doorbell and waited.

I waited and waited. I rang it again. And again. And again. Until Kai opened the door.

I froze for a second before regaining my senses.

"Hi." I said.

He gave a small wave.

"Is your father home?" I asked.

He shook his head.

"Is he coming home soon?" I asked wondering if I should wait.

He nodded.

"Is it okay if I wait? Inside?" I quickly added the last part.

He stepped out of the way and waved me in. I followed after him and closed the door behind me.

I took a seat on the couch. I calmly waited for Mr. Donovan to come home. I looked around the room, around the house.

Kai went to the kitchen island. He had a bunch of books spread out. He must have been studying. I watched him through the corner of my eye. He had on gray sweats and a white tank top.

Even in his simplest wear, he was breathtaking. I loved him, blindly.

My phone buzzed.

Unknown: Beautiful, isn't he?

I angrily responded.

Me: What the hell is wrong with you, you psychopathic pedophile?

Unknown: Whoa, whoa. Looks like our little August had some bark. Too bad it doesn't go past that.

Me: You need to stop.

Unknown: The only one that needs To stop is you. If you really love him, you will. Because if I can't have him, no one can.

What a cliche. It was the first thing that popped into my mind.

Me: Go to hell. I can't wait until you're behind bars.

I turned my phone off completely. He wouldn't kill Kai. He loved him, no matter how dark and twisted it was. He would kill for him, but not him.

Right?

******
Trying To Update More. Again.

3.2k Reads
185 Votes
44 Comments

5/25/17

Please Vote And Comment!