Chapter Twenty-One -- Misty

I'm just a little different, that's all.

-- Misty

I sat on the hot-ass cement table and bench in Bond Richmond Park fanning my hand in my face about to burn the hell up from the blazing heat. It's another un-normal Sunday at the park and it's packed like always out here. That's probably the reason why it's so damn hot. My grandma always said niggas bring heat.

"Damn, it's hot out here!"

I cut my eyes over at Griff. He was pulling his sweat drenched white-T over his head.

You know he just taking it off for that bitch across the way.

My vision switched across the park and sure enough Jessi was watching my man like he was bon appetite, something good to eat.

"Dang, bitch you watching that girl hella hard. I know you ain't a carpet muncher now, aren't you?" My brother, Shaun, asked from beside me.

I flipped my hair in his direction, something he can never do without his cheap-ass wig flying off. "Boy, ain't nobody got time for you. I know you see the way that ho is watching my man."

Shaun fanned his self dreamily, "Girl, can you blame her? Just look at him... Mm mm mm! You better be glad you my sister, that's all I gotta say."

I pushed the side of his head. "Boy, bye!"

All of a sudden a sound of cries echoed behind me and I didn't even have to turn around to know it was one of my cry baby ass sons. I swear I think I'm raising some pussies.

"Oh, shit Misty! Lamon just fell off the swing," My brother's feminine voice shrieked, looking over his shoulder at my kids.

I waved my hand dismissively, "Oh, he straight."

"Misty! Go get Lamon!" Griff barked at me a few feet away. His veins was popping out of his neck and by the twisted look on his face I could tell he was annoyed with my ass.

I looked at him like he was crazy. "Nigga what about you go get him! Fuck I look like? His Momma?"

People around us suddenly got quiet, conversations and laughter coming to a halt.

"Umm, you are his momma, Misty," Shaun said next to me with the same embarrassment from back in our school days written all over his face.

I hump my shoulders. "So?! Shit, that don't mean I gotta baby his ass," I turn and eye every motherfucka around me, "and what the fuck y'all looking at?"

My brother shook his head, looking at the sky. "Lord, no wonder why my sister was in special ed."

I rolled my eyes as people go back to minding they business. "Whatever."

The sound of a deep, crisp bass sounded out in the park and if you from around these parts you know who it belongs to without even thinking twice. The infamous Dre in his candy apple red Chevy.

"Shit, I thought that nigga had disappeared for a minute," some girl said to her friend as they passed by our table.

Shaun fanned his self, "Giiiiirl, I heard that nigga got fucked in the ass with a tennis racket by Big Jr them. Shiiieet, I wish I could've seen that."

I frown at him. Did I ask him to share that with me?

He lifted his hands, "What?"

I hike up one side of my top lip. "You nasty."

Since nobody ain't seen Dre in a couple days all eyes was on him when his car came to a stop. I had heard my own fair share of what had happened to him by Big Jr and his crew just like everybody else, but I wasn't sure if it was true. Everybody know Big Jr ain't nobody to fool with.

Dre got out of the Chevy with the same crutches he had last week and from my point of view he still looks the same to me.

"Why he got on that tight, hot-ass skull cap on his head?" a tall ass kid spoke out loud from behind me.

"His haircut probably fucked up," I shrugged, adding my two cents in.

"Ohh, shit. I wanna see that shit," my brother laughed before turning to the kid, "Aye, I'll give you five dollars if you go snatch it off his head."

The boy sucked his teeth, "Girl, stop playin'."

Shaun pulled a five dollar bill from his fake Gucci purse. "I'm dead-ass."

"Aight, I'll do it," the boy agreed without giving it a second thought, "but I'an on that gay shit."

"His Lil rusty ass," my brother said in almost disgust as the kid walk off, "He better be glad he called me a girl."

We watched with smiles on our faces as Dre stood with the crutches talking to Griff and the rest of the niggas that be here on the daily. Nobody even noticed the boy sneak up behind Dre until...

"Oh, shit!" the kid yelled, snatching the hat off of Dre's head before running down the sidewalk like he stole something.

When everybody turned their attention from the boy and on to Dre, I swear the whole park echoed a daaaaaaaaamn like Smokey on Friday.

The all mighty Dre's forehead was covered with a tattooed BITCH NIGGA and the nigga hairline was pushed all the way to the back of his head.

HARDOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara