Chapter Four -- Brown

I'm just a nigga tryna' get mine. You feel me?

-- Brown

I left Richmond as soon as Quadir and his girl started arguing over Omanda.

I got enough problems of my own, fuck I look like standing around listening to theirs?

Since the park wasn't too far from Family Residence, my apartment complex, I walked to Richmond.

The short walk gave me a little more time to think of a plan to get Dre's money.

I ain't gon' lie, when he showed me the gun under his shirt, I got a lil shooken up. A nigga ain't tryna' loose his life over eight hundred dollars.

Sweat layered my face as I walked up the wooden stairs to my door. Of all days, I chose to wear all black today. I can feel the sun throwing rays at me.

I reached in my True Religion jeans' pocket for my keys. Before I could pull them all the way out, Ms. Mable, my neighbor, stepped outside her door.

Please don't say shit to me, I begged in my head as I struggled to find the right key on the round key ring.

"Heeeeeey there, Brown Suga'."

Fuck!

"What up, Ms. Mable," I said, still looking for the goddamn key.

"Baby, when you gon' come over and let Ms.Mable put some maple syrup on your pancake?"

I glanced over at her and what I seen made me drop my keys. She had on a cheetah print robe with red feathers trimming it. The robe was see through and the old bitch had the nerve to be butt booty ass naked! Her long, saggy, titties almost touched her damn stomach. Pussy hairy than a mutha'fucka'. I'an neva' seen grey pussy hair before. Man, somebody please come get they fuckin' grandma.

"Like what you see, Brown Suga'? 'Dem young girls ain't got none like this, baby."

You right about that.

I picked my keys up swiftly with the right key in my hand. I put it in the lock fast, not giving Ms. Mable a chance to say none else.

I stepped in my one bed room apartment and slammed the door behind me.

How many people come home to a naked old lady almost everyday? If you do, that shit ain't normal.

I made sure I locked the door before going straight to my bedroom. It smells like vanilla scent candles burning, so I know Michelle's here.

I walked in the room, not bothering to speak to her. She looked like she was too busy typing on her laptop anyway.

I went straight to the small walk in closet to get the Jordans shoe box I had on the top, shelf, rack. The box felt light as hell, but you never know what's in the treasure box until you open it. I went back out to the room and sat the box beside Michelle.

"Hey, baby. You aight?"

I ignored her, my mind ain't set on small talk. It's set on getting Dre his money before he kill my ass.

I opened the box in a hurry, only to find two neatly ironed hundred dollar bills and three balled up twenty's.

What the fuck?

I threw the box with the money in it over Michelle's head, barely missing it.

"Hey! What the hell is wrong wit' you?" She yelled while jumping up.

I started to pace the small space between my queen sized bed and closet. What the fuck am I going to do? All I got is two hundred and sixty dollars! Last time I went in the box, I had close to seven hundred dollars.