The Confusing Mind part---1

Edited

The first sound that Sophie heard when she woke up was strange. It was something she hadn't heard in such a very long time. A soft tapping against her window, a pitter-patter on the roof.

Sophie frowned sleepily and turned in her bed, looking to the window with half-lidded eyes, only to find it foggy and blurry. Blurry with water.

She sat up suddenly.

Breathing in, Sophie smelt something that she'd been deprived of for a very long time. Rushing out of bed, she crossed her room to the window, grasping the windowpane in her hands as she stared outside at the woods.

It was raining.

A childlike glee overtook her.

It was actually raining! The sky was a  mix of grey and black, clouds merged together, all weeping. Sophie couldn't help but smile at the wet woods, washed down to the core of their beings, greener than they ever were.

They looked so welcoming, the woods. The trees swayed and swung, dancing to the rhythm of the rain.

But Sophie knew that they weren't all that innocent.

Her expression returned to its former blankness, she glanced at her clock to see whether it was time to get up.

Sadly, it was. And no matter how much her brain told her to snuggle back in bed and sleep with the rain, her body moved towards the bathroom so she could brush her teeth.

On her way, she bumped into Bella.

"Good morning, I'm glad you're awake, I thought I had to go get the kitchen pans." Bella grinned at the middle finger Sophie was waving at her as she closed the bathroom door.

She made good work not to stare at herself in the mirror as she brushed her teeth. It would do no one good to see how horrible she looked after more than twelve hours of sleep.

Once inside her room, Sophie stared at her clothes. She didn't know how the temperature would be today, she knew cold, but how cold? She hasn't thought of this in years, so she was a little rusty.

Someone poked their head in her room.

"Need any help?" Her sister was truly a gift.

Bella rifled through her clothes and started picking out random stuff. A grey sweater, a light purple jacket, a black scarf. She laid them down on her bed.

"Do you not have a single pair of jeans that isn't ripped?" Bella asked as she held up a pair to her scrutinization.

Sophie shook her head. She barely needed jeans in Phoenix anyway, she usually wore shorts seeing how hot the weather was.

"Well, you're gonna have to endure these, although your thighs will be cold. And you're slimmer than me so my jeans won't fit,"

Sophie obediently wore the clothes Bella had chosen. It reminded her of when Bella would do this when they were children, even though Sophie was only one year younger, Bella took her older sister duties very seriously.

After she was done, she sat at her vanity table while Bella put her hair in a ponytail with a single braid going from the side of her head into the ponytail. Bella was very crafty when it came to styling Sophie's hair.

"You should cut your hair, you have a lot of split ends," Bella murmured to her as she worked. Sophie then saw that Bella was already dressed. How long had she been up?

"I don't know any salons here,"

"I have a feeling Alice will be more than happy to cut your hair for you."