The Death: 2 (Love, Sophie.)

Dear Athena,

Do you want to know what I thought of you the first time I saw you? We were with our families at The Lodge, you were sitting near the bar with your mom and dad and Tony, I was with my family near the window tables. I didn't even notice you until you started laughing uproariously when Tony started balancing the salt and pepper shakers on his head. You were wearing that red jumper of yours that you loved so much, and your hair was in a perfect ponytail that I'd envied at the time, my hair always escaped the scrunchie I used to tie it with. I'd thought that you were typical, like all the other girls who lived in Forks.

And then I started to hate you.

You were always happy, and joyful and bubbly and so immune to sadness. Nobody was always that happy, I was convinced you were pretending. But you weren't, were you? You were just perfectly innocent, and pure. It's what made me dislike you even more. But then you started sitting with me at recess, and you kept asking me questions and commenting on my drawings and it made me so angry. So angry because I thought that it was amusing for you, tagging with Strange Sophie Swan, trying to unfurl this creature from its natural habitat. I thought you'd started because it was a show for the other children.

Long gone are the days where my biggest concern was whether or not you were making fun of me or genuinely trying to be my friend. We were friends, though, the best of friends, for the small ages of nine we were everything to each other. Maybe that's why it hurt so much when you died, because I had no one but you, and you were gone, and that was the tragedy.

I used to say it was meant to be, words I used to comfort myself with. But it wasn't meant to be, was it? You were never meant to die. You had a full life ahead of you, one that was unjustly taken away from, stolen, by me. I was the cause of your downfall, your best friend. In the end, you were the better one of us, and maybe that's why it was so easy to be friends with you. everyone is attracted to pure and good things, I suppose.

I do have one question though.

Will I see you again? Or will our paths not cross?

I hope I do see you, it's been such a long time since we were truly together.

Find me, if I stray. Find me.

Love, Sophie.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Agonizing, burning pain in every limb, every muscle, every vein, it travelled with speed to fast for humans. Stop it. Stop it. Have mercy.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Dear Anthony,

You always hated it when I called you by your full name, do you remember? You would charge at me with your cardboard sword and attempt to run me through for my 'disobedience', Sir Anthony the Valiant. I used to only call you that when I'd finally had enough of your teasing. You used to tease me endlessly, for being shorter than you, for my abnormally large hoodies that I looked like I was drowning in, for how when I walked next to you I had to skip every few steps because my short legs couldn't catch up to you. You had your fun with making fun of me for it, but in the end, you'd always pretend to be frustrated with me, then you'd pick me up and carry me on your back, even though you were all skin and bone then.