Screams Of Death

Unedited

Life for me at the moment was excruciatingly confusing and painful. Every two-step and companions were with me, ones I liked ones I did not. The population of ghosts in my life has increased incredibly fast in number in the last two weeks of my life. Every inch, every corner and turn and every breath, a soul was there.

They came to me, many of them not speaking a word. They chased me, followed me and tortured me with the feelings they put in me. Every soul, each one would bring its misery to me and pass on their pain.

I could feel the fear they had when they died rolling off of them in waves, I could hear their screams ringing in my ear, I could painfully picture the way they died, and all of it sent chills to my heart, slowly—slowly freezing it. They followed me, and their moans of misery told me things and showed me things.

Misery showed me how Jeremy died, a car crashing into another one. He lay on the road in a puddle of his own blood next to his mother, with red liquid pouring out his mouth as his dead brown eyes slowly rolled into his head. He was so small, with glass piercing his skin, his ribs broken and his head lulled to the side. But to both me and him, it wasn't the pain, or the blood or the looming darkness heading above that scared us. It was the silence. The everlasting silence that sounded like a thousand screams. I saw how his Dad and older sister came to the hospital, cried over his body and buried him with promises of forever remembrance.

Misery showed me how Abigail, the cheery blonde girl from the Gym who followed me around in school, was raped to death by an unknown man who caught her while she was walking home late from school. I heard her everlasting screams and pleas for mercy, and I saw how the man chuckled amusedly when he was done, before slitting her throat with a pocketknife for good measure, leaving her dead, raped and broken on the cold hard floor, the breathy whisper of help still hanging onto her cracked lips.

It showed me how the creepy girl following me, how in her human life she was driven mad by bullies and her drunk step-mother, slowly drifting off the edge of the world, her sanity crashing to broken pieces and broken bones, where she killed herself after she did too many cuts on her body which made her lose too much blood to survive.

I saw her tears, and her screams and her soul slowly leaving her body tainted by black. Slowly ever so slowly she went mad, making the once beautiful girl with brown wavy hair and crystal green eyes turn into the girl I knew, bloodied and broken, hollow black eyes and blood-curdling smirk.

Misery showed me of Cole, the twenty-eight-year-old man who died being an unfortunate victim of a bank robbery. And Judith who's boyfriend drove while intoxicated, getting into an accident and killing them both instantly. And Carlie, who died of brain cancer, and Michelle, and Jason and the old woman sitting by my mailbox every day, never acknowledging anyone but the never-ending distance she hollowly stares into. And the Man in the market, a ball always in his hand that he rolls around with both hands, showing tricks to unbeknownst children.

I hear their cries, their screams, I feel their fear and I see the stream of tears. And all of this is leaving a void feeling in my slowly cracking heart; it breaks my ribcage and damages my brain, making me on a steady, straight path, to insanity.

I was dying, slowly and painfully---dying. Every part of me screamed RUN! And I wanted to; I wanted to leave this ghost town, this lifeless town. But I know they will follow. They know I can see them, and this is an opportunity for them. I can be a friend, a companion, a lover and a victim, I am the only person who knows about them and they won't let me go that easy, that is something I'm sure of.

And it scared me, it scared me so much. If they can dent me like this just by gory details of death, then what will I do when they can do much worse?

I stuck with myself, I avoided every living human. I avoided Bella and Charlie and the Cullens, particularly Alice who had taken a liking to me. I even avoided Anthony, and even though I knew it hurt him to be pushed back like everyone else, he knew that there was a reason, and he would either try to figure it out or give me my space to work things out. And so he chose the latter, being polite and friendly but knowing where the line is and not to step over it. He acted as if he didn't know something is going on with me and was the same old Tony, and that was the reason I loved Anthony deeply like true family. But Bella and Alice weren't like Tony, and they didn't understand me like he did. They pestered me and followed me, and many times they stepped over the big bright line I had drawn for everyone, but I never said anything.