Grounded

He would be lying if he said he wasn't scared because Alvin had such a tight grip on his arm that he thought would completely cut off the circulation and was sure to leave bruises. And his step-father was mad beyond words which mean Hiccup's reasonable afternoon was about to go to Hel as soon as they got home.

Alvin had been in the Mall and had probably been looking out for Hiccup...but had overheard the security guards racing towards a fight in the car park and had followed, suspecting it may have been some of his pupils. He hadn't expected to see the core of his Football team engaged in a brawl with each other with much of the senior Cheerleading Team also egging them on. In fact, the only faces he was missing were Hiccup-and Astrid. Hiccup he would have expected as his troublemaking friends were there and Astrid's closest friends were also among those detained. So it had been a welcome bonus when  he had spotted a teen hiding behind the car-and what a surprise...it had been the missing boy. Oh, Alvin had enjoying running him down and tackling the skinny teen to the concrete, knocking the air out of him and helping himself to a vicious slap before he hauled the boy up and dragged him back to the others.

The remaining teens had been sullen when the Principal had faced them and lectured them on the seriousness of their actions. The girls had started to look upset and even Snotlout had paled as he realised this could have compromised his chances of a Scholarship.  Alvin had watched with some satisfaction they were taken back to the security office for their parents to be called, mentally noting they were all having detention when they got back to school...or maybe suspension. He didn't care what action their parents took because he already had his own actions planned.

"I'll take this one 'ome-'e lives close ter me and I know 'is mother," he volunteered gruffly, feeling Hiccup stiffen and try to pull away. "He'll get home safely!" The Mall security were more than happy that he was taking care of one of the teens, leaving them with only ten to deal with...and he was a pillar of the community, after all. So he frog-marched Hiccup out of the Mall, more or less throwing the boy into the passenger seat then paused before walking round to the driver's side. As Hiccup immediately reached for the door the second the moved away, he turned to glare at the boy.

"Do yer want them ter know you're me son?" he said softly. Hiccup stared up at him and froze.

"What?" he asked shortly.

"Do yer want someone ter mention to yer friends that yer live with me, boy?" Alvin leered. Hiccup stiffened. While Alvin really didn't want to admit his stepson was the notorious troublemaker, it would be infinitely more damaging to the boy to reveal the connection. He would go from cool bad boy to pariah in an instant. 

"You're not my father," Hiccup said tightly, staring up at the man.

"Yer open that door and get out-and come Monday, everyone knows," he threatened. Pausing, Hiccup lifted his hand and placed it back on his lap as Alvin walked calmly round and squeezed his large bulk into the driver's seat. He closed the central locking and started the engine, then moved away. Hiccup sat sullenly in the passenger side, not meeting Alvin's eyes as the big man drove carefully.

"Yer 'aven't finished yer chores," Alvin said grimly. Hiccup stared out the windshield and sighed.

"Nah-decided I wanted the day off," he lied. Alvin's knuckles whitened appreciably on the wheel. 

"You live fer free in me 'ome-I don't think it's unreasonable ter expect yer ter pull yer weight, 'Iccup," Alvin growled. "And now yer caught brawlin'..."

"Actually, I was hiding because my friends were brawling and I didn't want to get caught..." he mumbled. Alvin gave a gruff laugh.

"So the bruisin' on yer face were from what?" he growled. Hiccup shook his head.