Im just tryna know you better

Me and Candace been talking for about a month . I feel like we've been talking forever . She want to take it slow . I mean that's fine with me but tried to kiss her and she turned away and said I'm moving too fast . I ain't even gone lie , that shit was like a smack in the face . I was salty as hell but I didn't want her to feel bad . But I mean like damn , how slow are we really going ? She told me some stuff about her and her family . She told me how her dad was a drug lord back in the day and his momma was his Bonnie . Now her mom is a doctor and her dad has about three businesses . She told me she wants to go to the WNBA or play overseas but if all fails she wants to be a forensic psychiatrist . Shit Imma need that shit . Her favorite color is pink , she loves mashed potatoes and cheese , she loves to write poetry , and she likes dogs . I let her come over a few times when mama was at chemo . She asked where my momma was but I just said " out " . I mean that was the truth . She was out , out of the house . I didn't want to tell her about my mom yet . Yeah I like her but I love my momma and her sickness is personal business and it hits deep to talk about it sometimes . Just the thought of my momma not being here just breaks me down . My momma is my world . I'm more focused on Gabby . She's only 5 . She can't lose her momma yet . My mom has stage 2 lung cancer . Stage 4 is the worse so I'm just thankful it's not the worst and I pray to God that she gets better . My bitch ass dad don't even come check on her or even ask about her . His own wife calls to check on her and that's just the craziest shit to me foreal foreal . My mom got sick a little before my dad cheated and once she found out about his wife and my little sister , she didn't even have any fight for the cancer because she was so heartbroken . Only reason she started fighting was because her kids . She felt like ain't nobody love her but us and that's fine because we all she need . My dad didn't even give a fuck . He never even apologized or nothing . That's why I would ever respect that man , ever .

I was Saturday and Candy wanted to come over but my mom is here so I told her I would come to her house but she said her parents are home . She said they're cool but I think it's too early to meet her peoples . She said she feels closer to me so she just wants me to at least see them . She said she told her parents that we were just talking . So they been dying to meet me . They know who I am from the basketball games and ESPN but they never really met me met me . I really want to tell her what I do outside of basketball and about my momma before I meet her parents because I don't even know if she'll still actually wanna fuck w / me . But I don't want her to feel like I don't want to be serious with her so I guess I'll go . I hopped in the shower . I got out 20 minutes later and did my other stuff . I put on an all gray true religion sweatsuit with my gold , low 11 Jordan's . I grabbed my phone , my charger , blistex , and money . I walked into my momma room and kissed her forehead .

" You need anything momma ? I'm about to head out ?" I asked sitting next to her .

" No . Baby I'm fine ," she said coughing up blood .

I reached for her bottle of water and gave it to her .

" Thanks baby . You got a girlfriend or something? You just be so happy and I know it ain't just from ball. Who is she?" She smiled weakly .

" No . She's not my girl yet . But her name is Candace . Remember the girl that was really good on the basketball team that I did all them interviews with that you was at last year?" I asked

" Yeah yeah . The really pretty girl? Aw baby you like her?"

" Yeah momma . She's cool . She's smart , funny , just real down to earth . We only been talking for about a month but I feel like we've been talking for so much longer you know?" I said

My momma grabbed my hand and patted it . I looked at her and she had a few tears in her eyes .

" That's good baby that's good . I see you're so much happier . Treat her right and do right by her . Don't ever hurt her and make her cry . Be her savor , be her Prince Charming , be that outlet for her . Okay ?" My momma said