My heart wouldnt let me feel for a stranger

Everything has been good with me and Maya . I've been faithful to her , we go out on dates , we just do a lot together . I'm just glad I got a real one . Lately my dad been trying to comeback around . My momma told us to let him because you only get one parent and that's the only reason why I'm letting him rebuild what he fucked up . Seeing my momma that sick just gives me a better understanding of what she said . Mace on the other hand , he not trying to hear that shit . Today my father , his wife , and daughter well my little sister is coming over for dinner . My mom is really doing good right now , the chemo is working for her these days . She's making this big dinner and she invited Maya, Candace , Darius , Sydney , Charon , Maya parents and Candace parents . I forgot to mention it was thanksgiving day .

It was later in the evening and we won our thanksgiving game earlier . Every thanksgiving we play our rivals Kennedy and we crack they ass on the field . I felt good . Got the win , my momma is healthy , got a beautiful girlfriend and my father trying to be a better man .

" Come eat , Bryce." My momma said .

We were sitting at the table and everyone was talking and Mace was just sitting back in his chair looking at our father . I know my father noticed it because every now and again he would clear his throat when he looked up from his plate . He didn't really make eye contact with Mace . He isn't afraid of him but he knows he was wrong and he knows that Mace isn't forgiving . I'm only doing it for momma but Mace don't see it that way .

" Aye B . You kicked ass at that game . 7 touchdowns? Hard work with your pops man pays off." My dad said laughing while he ate his greens .

" Yeah . I really did kick ass pops." I said smiling .

" I'm proud of you ." My dad said .

That actually made me feel good . I smiled and looked at Maya and she held my hand and smiled at me . I know my pops cheated on my mom and walked out on us but man he trying and if it's gonna make my momma happy I'm gonna try for her . Mace started laughing and shaking his head .

" He work that hard because of himself and me . We did that together . We push each other and make each other better because we the only real men we got in our life." He said putting his fork down .

" Maceon " my momma said giving him that " if you don't shut yo ass up " look .

" Mace. Chill out . It's thanksgiving ." I said

Candace put her hand on his shoulder and he seemed to calm down a little . My dad didn't say anything . He just continued to eat .

" So Candace and Maya are you guys into sports ?" My father's wife , Denise asked

" Yeah . I play basketball ," Candace said

" I cheer ," Maya smiled

" Mace, I read about you in the paper . You going for 4000 points this year?" Denise said

" Yeah . I already broke so many records. So I'm just tryna break as many as I can before senior year comes ." He said

He wasn't rude to her or anybody just my father . He really hated him .

" My son is a real born star . Proud of him." My father said

" Save that proud shit . You keep trying to sound like a father . This nigga is a joke," he said with a little chuckle .

One thing about Mace is that if he don't fuck with you , he sure as he doesn't act like he does at all .

" That's ENOUGH Maceon ! Enough . Do you hear me? Cut it out !" My mom said banging on the table . " Now we're having a family dinner and trying to enjoy thanksgiving and be thankful!"