Chapter 1

"I don't understand why I have to go?" I tell my mom for seemed like the millionth time today. We are driving to the a wolf compound about an hour away from my house/ our packs compound. My sister and twin, Lisa, sitting in the backseat with me gave me an eye roll before looking out the window again.

"Liam," my mom spoke to me from the front seat. "It's not even a that big of a deal, you are being over dramatic." I huffed a sigh before my mom continued again. "And for the hundredth time you are going because A) me and your father don't want you home alone tonight. And B) we are hoping your mate will be here tonight."

"And I'm telling you A) I am a responsible 18 year old," my sister laughed a sarcastic laugh as she looked out the window. "And B) all the girls that came to my mating ball will be at this one so, what is the point of me going?" I explained to my mother, she only sighed and didn't say anything. I honestly didn't understand why I had to go. It wasn't even a girls mating ball that we are going to, it was the son of the alphas. I'm not say that the pack we are going to isn't important, oh no they are one of the most powerful packs in the United States, the Crescent Pack. And I think that's one of the reasons my dad feels like we need to go. My dad is the beta to our pack, the Blue Moon Pack, and since the Crescent Pack is so close to us and they have help us with rogue problems before, I think my dad feels pressured to go to the Crescent Pack's alpha's son's mating ball.

I don't think my family should be obligated  to go to this mating ball they didn't come to mine. When a male werewolf turns 18 he's family hosted him a mating male. A mating ball is where all or most of the packs in your region bring their female relatives and the male werewolf sees if they are mates. Female werewolves can also sense their mates at 18 but they don't get mating balls. They have to go from mating ball to mating ball hoping their mate is there. Also both wolfs have to be 18 before they can sense each other. A mating ball is kinda like a prom for werewolves, ( you usually dress really formal), but you are trying to find your soulmate.

My wolf was starting to get restless, he loathed being in cars. I could feel his hatred towards car rides anytime my parents told us we were going anywhere. I started riding my bike to school last year, the start of my junior year because my wolf hated it so much.

I looked over at Lisa, our birthday were 2 months ago and we still haven't found our mates yet. My dad keeps tell us that it told him a year and a have to find mom because she hadn't turned 18 yet, so we shouldn't worry. I know that my sister was starting to worry because both of her best friends had found their mates only a couple of weeks after their birthdays.

My sister played with her long raven hair, a nervous habit she has seen to always had. If you look at me and my sister we may be twins but we look nothing alike. Lisa has long raven hair where mine is a dirt blond. Lisa is small and curvy where I was tall and built. Even are personalities are different, Lisa does no sports and is into drama, music and art, and I'm your typical jock, football, basketball, baseball you name it. The only thing that seems to be the same about us is our smiles because people always point it out.

The car ride seemed to go by faster than I thought because before I was getting out of the car, standing out side a giant building that was decorated with lights and balloons.