Chapter 2

My family slowly walked to the entrance of the large pack house before us. Other family walked towards the doorway. Some fathers of the families nodded their heads at my dad. My dad simple nodded back in respect and continued walking with my family, his hand now on my shoulder.

A pack house is kinda like a college dorm, it's were most not mated werewolves or werewolves that don't want to live with their parents live there. My dad started letting me live in the pack house about a year ago though my sister still lives at home. The pack houses are spilt into two parts for females and males, also there are older wolfs living there to make sure we are behaving. The pack house was usually close to the center of the pack compound, the pack compound is like a small town that the pack lives in. The pack house before me was huge, like mansion huge. I started to wonder how big this pack really was.

Once we are in the pack house we are in a giant ball room filled with wolf families, the men wearing suits and women wearing dresses. My wolf stirred because of how many wolfs were here.

As my family walked around the ball room my sister was scanning the room quickly. She looked like an owl searching for pray.

"Lisa what are you doing?" I asked her.

"I'm looking for my mate," she explains to me. "You know how you only know if you mates yours if you look into their eyes?" I nodded my head yes. "Well I'm making eye contact with as many guys as I can to see if there my mate." She told me. I nodded my head again but didn't say anything. Our mom always told us the step to meeting/finding your mate. 1) you have to make eye contact. 2) your wolf will tell you that your mate is "mine." 3) you will touch you lightly like a hand shake or a hug. You will feel sparks that's when you will know for sure its your mate. 4) You will touch your mate more physical, usually kissing (sometimes hot make out sessions) or cuddling of some sort. If you don't touch your mate then your wolf will take over and that can end with you and your mate having sex the first time you meet. Also the dominant one, almost always the male, is usually wants to be more physical than the submissive one, usually the female. The female usually can calm down the male by tell him not to go to fast when they first meet.

The next hour seemed like a life time. We had probably talked to half the families there and neither me or my sister had found our mate.

"I want to meet the host family," my sister whined at my dad. Lisa had been complaining this whole time how she wanted to meet them, and frankly I was getting really annoyed.

"Dad, can we just meet them all really so Lisa will shut up?" I told my dad, my sister huffed at me and my dad glared.

"Well, it's your lucky day because they are right there." My dad pointed to a family in front of us that was shaking hands and talking to people.

My dad hurried over to the family and greeted the father with a, "Alpha Franklin."

"Please Jim, call me Frank," the man Frank responded to my father. They pulled each other into a hug. "This must be the family," Frank said looking at us.

"Oh, yes," my dad outing an arm around my mother. "This is my mate Sarah," my mother smiled. "My daughter Lisa," my sister gave a little nodded. "And her twin and my son Liam." I held my hand out and the Alpha shook it firmly.

"Your father has told me many things about you two," Frank said looking at me and my sister with a grin on his face. Me and Lisa just smiled hoping they were all good things.

A women's voice clearing made Frank turn around. "Oh and this," a short women walks around from behind the alpha. "Is my mate Kim," Kim smiled and looks at us with a fake smile. I can tell she is a snobby person. "Honey," Frank says talking to his wife. "This is the Beta family I was talking about that came up from the Blue Moon pack." His mate nods but doesn't say anything. A small boy, maybe five or six, runs up to the Alpha and he picks him up immediately.

"Dad," the little boy saids in the Alpha's arms. "I'm tired." The little boy rest his head on Frank's large shoulders.

"Okay, Sammy," Frank whispers to the boy Sammy. "But before you go to bed can you meet one more family?" Sammy nods his head and then is set back on the ground.

My dad squads down so that he is at the same heigh as Sammy and puts out his hand. "Hi, Sam," my dad says to him. "I'm Jim Powell and I work with your dad." Sammy seemed to like that some one was the same size am his because and large grin was in his face. He held out his hand proudly and shook my dad's.

My dad then stood back up and Sammy ran away again. Just then a girl a little younger than me was at Frank's side.

"Jessica," Frank said the girl. "I would like you to meet the Powell family. They from the Blue Moon pack." The girl smiled politely but seemed not to know what her father was talking about.

What happened next is something I will remember for the rest of my life. A tall, built dark haired boy walked up from behind Frank.

"Oh there he is," Frank said. "Powell family this is my son, Carter." Carter's face was still as he scanned my family, and then he's eyes meet mine, my wolf than said something that made me so confused. My wolf growled "Mine."