Chapter 10

The ringing of my cellphone cuts through the natural sounds of the park.
Tony flashes on the screen.

"Hey, what's up?," I say into my phone.

"I just talked to my dad about the meeting." Tony says. It takes me a second to figure out he's talking about the A.B.S. meeting, we were talking about this morning.

"What did he say?"

"My dad wants the meeting as soon as possible, he said within the hour." I sharply inhale from his answer, a nervous chill runs through my body. Tony's dad wasn't exactly scary but he was one of those guys who got everything he wanted and it was always his way. And since he had been avoiding the question and now wants to talk about so quickly makes me very nervous.

Carter must have scented my nervousness because his arms that he had put around my waist, suddenly tightened. "Did he say why he wanted the meeting so soon?" I say back to Tony.

"No, he didn't. But I would just get back here soon, so we can get our heads prepared for this." He sounded just as worried as I felt.

"Okay, I'll be back soon." Then I hung up the phone.

"No." Carter said to me in a hushed voice. He is sitting to my side, arms around my waist, one leg dangling off the table the other bend, it was like he was in a half Indian-style sitting position. His head had been laying on my shoulder but when my phone rang he lifted it away. He had gotten into this position after our foreheads touching had gotten too uncomfortable.

"No what?" I asked him in the same hushed voice.

"No." He said again this time a small smile appeared but was slowly push back like he was trying to not look as if he was teasing me.

"No what?" This time my question ended with a small laugh at the end. Carter then buried his head into my chest and push us back on to the table, his upper-body on top of mine. A laugh escapes my chest.

He brings his head up from my chest and slowly studies my face, then lays a kiss right on my jawline.

"No." He says again. "You can't leave yet." He looks me in the eyes as he says this. "You can't leave yet because I don't know when I will see you next."

My heart stops just a little, he's right. He is a soon-to-be alpha of a pack. He had things to get ready, training to do, he has a life. And it's not like I could just go over to his house and hang out with him like normal mates or go on a date together like normal mates or be seen in public together like normal mates. We were not normal.

"I know exactly when you will see me next." I said back to him with confidence. "You will see me at your house, in the A.B.S. Program with my alpha because I'm going to a meeting after this to convince my father to let me go to the program." I placed a light kiss on his lips, a small grin growing on both our mouths. "Then we can see each other all the time." He then kissed me, another light one, but the kiss then deepened, his tongue slowly caressing mine. My hand cupping the back of his neck, pulling him closer. My other hand have a mind of it's own and making its way under his shirt, running over him hard body. My mind now racing of all the things we could do on this table, how he could bend me over the wood and thrush into me with his hard c-

I pulled away from him. "I have to go, and if I don't go now I will not be able to ever leave." He sat up slowly, looking both sad to do it and happy that he was the reason I wanted to say.

He took my hand in his and we walked over to my bike. But just as we got there a couple walked past and he quickly removed his hand. My wolf growled at this action, and I felt his anger fill me.

He clearly sensed my anger because his face went blank instantly, no emotion at all. This reminded me of the Carter of when I first met him the night before. It had been less than 24 hours and we already didn't want to separate. It was the weirdest thing, I am so angry at him, but I don't want to leave. It was like I wanted to kiss him and kill him at the same time.

"Sexual tension." He said plainly.

"What?" I blushed as I answered.

"That's what we are feeling right now. We don't want to be by each other but we also want to. It's called sexual tension. My dad said the first week of meeting your mate their will be a lot of awkward sexual tension because your wolves want to mate but the humans don't know each other. This will lead to being frustrated and having sexual tension." There was a pause.

"Oh." I didn't know what to say after that. "I better go, I have a meeting." He nodded his head. He then turned around and started to leave. I felt a small pit in my stomach from leaving with out saying good-bye.

I took my bike out of the rack and started to get on it when a heard foot steps behind me. I then felt a small peck on my cheek and arms around my waist and I didn't even have to turn around to know it was Carter.

"I will text you later." I heard his voice from behind me. I nodded my head with out looking back at him, a blushing smile on my face.

Fulling getting on to my bike, I started to ride home.