Chapter 3

Carter and I just stood there looking at each other, both of us in shock, for what felt like a life time, but I knew it was only a few seconds. I knew that he knew we were mates, I just didn't know what to do. Before I could do anything my father intervened.

"Jim Powell," my father said sticking out his hand. Carter instantly held his hand out and shook my fathers, an action he had probably done a million times.

"A pleasure to meet you sir," Carter's voice was calm, smooth and made my wolf think perverted thing he wanted Carter's voice to say, to whisper in our ear. I shivered.

"And this is my family," my father continued. "My mate Sarah, my daughter Lisa," Carter nodded his at my mother and sister, my sister flattering her eyelashes when she was introduced which made my wolf growl. "And my son Liam." Carter nodded but then held out his hand for a hand shake. I knew that he was testing to see if we are mates or not so I stick my hand out with no hesitation. From the moment that our hands touch I knew we were mates, my whole hand felt as if it was a sparkler. Tiny sparkles were tingling through my hand. Once we pulled away my wolf wined that he was not in contact with his mate.

Me and Carter eyes were still locked with mine, both of us unsure of what to do.

"Carter," Frank said. "Would you mind taking Sammy up to bed? It's way passed his bed time and he is extremely tired." I hadn't noticed that Sammy had returned and was now clutching to his father's leg.

All Carter did was nod to his father. Then Frank looked at me and smiled.

"And take Liam with you," Frank said to his son. "If he is ever going to become a beta he must know our castle, once you put Sammy to bed give him a tour." Carter nodded again but didn't say anything. Sammy ran over to Carter and took his hand, my heart melted. Sammy looked up at me and smiled tiredly.

"Follow us," Sammy said his voice small and tired some.

We made our way out of the ball room, into a corridor then up fights of stairs. Though I do many sports, I was still a little out of breath when we get to the top of the stairs. We walk down a hallway that's long and dark, we stop in the middle.

"That's my room," Carter says as he points to a tall wooden door. "You can wait in there, while I put him to bed." I only nodded, Carter and Sammy wake a few more doors down then open and disappear into what I assume is Sammy's room.

I take a breath before going into Carter's room. As I enter his room, I'm surprised at what I see. I was expecting dirt clothes on the floor with sport posters in the walls , or pictures of friends and family because that's what most male werewolves our age's rooms look like, including me. But when I look at Carter's room I don't see a eighteen year old male teen, I see a soldier's room. His room walls are gray, is blanks are gray and his pillows are gray. The only thing is the room that is not gray is his brown wooden desk. He has no pictures on his walls, no posters, he does have a book shelf but it's file with books that look like they should be in the reference section of a library.

I didn't get to look anymore around his room before he walked in. I was standing in the middle of the room with my hands in my pockets. He walked in and then I heard a click and I knew he locked the door behind him. He turned around and made eye contact. His deep blue ocean eyes piercing my olive eye ones.

Before I knew it he had taken two giant steps and we were face to face, so close I could feel his breath on me. He was a few inches taller, me standing at 6'1" him maybe at 6'4". He closes his eyes and then inhales deeply. I knew he was smelling my scent because I had been secretly smelling his since we had met, pine. He inhales again and then opens his eyes, his ocean eyes were now a blazing blue and I knew his wolf was now in more control.

"Mine" Carter growled at me. He slammed me up against the nearest wall and pushed his nose right up to neck, running it up to my jaw line and down to my shoulder. My breath hitches when I started to feel his mouth instead of his nose on my neck. My pants feeling more tight in the front. His mouth sucks on my neck as his hands start taking of my suit jack and undoing my tie. I push his jacket off and start unbuttoning his shirt, my shirt was now half way unbuttoned and Carter was sucking on my collar bone for sure leaving marks. A soft moan leaves my mouth as he finds my spot. He sucks harder on it and other moan comings out more prominently.

Carter stops suddenly and then pulls my shirt fully off and then does the same to his. His chest is hard, built and tan. I bring my hands up to his sides, I flip us around so that he is now pushed against the wall. That movement startled him but then he relaxed, his eyes close as I start to rub my hands up and down his chest. I bring my mouth to his chest and covering it with hot, open mouth kisses. I hear his deep moan as I take his nipple into my mouth, nipping softly.

He quickly grabs the back of my thighs, pulled me up so my legs could go around him, and carried me to his bed, laying me down softly. Carter mouth attached to my neck, our low-bodies grinding against each other, small moans coming from my mouth. I feel his hands start to go for my zipper and that's was when reality hit me like a truck. Here I am making out shirtless with this guy that I didn't know and all I know is that he is my mate. Every thing is happening way to fast.

Carter's hands where now at my zipper and I knew that I needed to slow this down, even if my wolf and my body told me to keep going.

"Carter, wait wait," I whispered quietly but nervously, he looked up at me with his eye back to their ocean blue, concern was in them. His lips were swollen and his face flushed. He sat up slowly, sitting at the end of the gray bed, while I laid next to him. His elbows were on his knees and his hands were covering his face. We sat there for what felt like hours, both of us just trying to catch our breath.

Carter was the first to break the silence. His voice was low and a little louder than a whisper. "Just now, when you told me to wait," he rubbed his hands together slowly, a nervous habit he probably had, "I was worried I hurt you." He looks back at me laying on his bed propping myself up with my elbows, his face unreadable. "I didn't hurt you did I?" I nod my head no. "I, my human self, knew that I didn't hurt you, but my wolf..., my wolf so, was so scared, so scared that I hurt you." His voice ranged in so may different emotions. "The only thing I know about you is your name and pack, but I am already scared that I'll hurt you."