Chapter 5

Our hands were held together until we got to the top of the stairwell, Carter turned to me and slid his hand out of mine. I felt my wolf whine, at his action.

"Please don't tell my parents..." he sounded like a kid who got in trouble at school. I looked into his eyes, his face showed no emotion but his eyes where filled fear, and just nodded my head. I wasn't going to tell his parents, even if I did want to tell my parents I found my mate, I would keep our secret.

As I walk down the large stair case, Carter by my side, I noticed that a lot of the crowd had disappeared, and only my family and a couple other, which I guessed her close family or close friends, where still in the ballroom. My dad was still talking to Alpha Frank, and both my sister and mom where sitting in chairs on their phones looking bored out of their minds.

As we approached our fathers, their conservation came to a halt and they turned their attention to us.

"How was the place?" Alpha Frank asked me with a friendly smile on his face. I had forgotten that he had told Carter to give me a tour of the pack house. Do I lie to the Alpha? I can't tell him what we really did.

"I didn't get a chance to show him the pack house," Carter cuts in before I can answer. Both of our dads have a confused look on there face. "We were talking about the A.B.S program." Their faces then turn to surprise/happy faces. We were not talking about that but it was good cover up story.

"Jim," the Alpha said to my dad. "I didn't know your son was in the program."

"He isn't," my dad explained, "we've only talked about it." The Alpha, Beta System, or A.B.S., is a program run by Carter's pack. Betas and Alphas come from all over to be in this  program, were they train and learn useful skills, like tracking or battle strategies. It's kind of like a boot camp for werewolf. Usually Alphas and Betas come about a year or 6 months before they would go into their title at their pack, and they train until they are really. Some may come a year before they should inherit the title but have to stay for longer because they are not ready. They all would live at the pack house, which would explain why theirs is so big. There are other programs like this, this one is the closes one in our area. There are also ones for like Warrior-Wolfs (the wolves that fight our battles, and protect us) but it's a different program.

"Well I think your boy would do great in our program," Alpha Frank said to my dad, slapping me in the arm. A proud smile appeared on both mine and my dad faces. "He's fit, built, and soon will be a beta, Jimmy if you want your boy to be in the program you call me up, and he'll be in by the next day." The Alpha's praise made the grin on my face grow bigger.

"I'll have to think about it Alpha." My father said respectfully to Alpha Frank.

"No pressure, Jim."

There was a small pause before my dad talked again, "Well, thanks for having us Alpha Franklin. We should get going its late and I think we are all tired." The Alpha nodded at my father. "And Carter," my dad extended his hand to Carter as he spoke, "congratulations on turning 18, and I hope you find your mate soon." Carter took my dad's hand in a shake.

"Thank you, Mr. Powell, and I hope I find my mate soon, too." Carter's eyes flashed at me after he said that, and I felt my cheeks heat up a little.

"It was very nice to meet you Liam," The alpha said to me, he held out his hand and I shook it.

"And you, Alpha Franklin," I said as I shook his hand. I withdrawal my hand form the Alpha's large one, and me and Carter made eye contact.

"It was nice to meet you, Carter." I held out my hand to him, so that both our fathers wouldn't think anything had happened between us, either bad or good.

"And you, Liam." The moment our hands touched, a million little sparks went thought out my body. I knew he felt it again because his body tensed. As I pulled my hand way I felt something come with, a small sheet of paper. I didn't look at it because my father was right there. So I stuck it in my pocket for save keeping.

My father gathered my mother and sister, who seem to be falling asleep as they walked. I felt myself yawn as we all slowly walked to the car, and before I knew it a was starting to fall asleep, but then I remembered the small piece of paper. I quickly took it out of my pocket and held it up to the window so I could see the writing on it by the moonlight. And on that small sheet of paper was a sloppy written message saying,

608-632-2745
Text me when you get home
~C