Chapter 8

A million volts of electricity seemed to pass through my body as I read Carter's text. Butterflies had suddenly been trapped in my stomach and were wildly trying to get out. The feelings were so strong I felt almost sick, but that didn't stop a smile from spreading on my face.

"What's got you so happy this morning?" Lisa said in a sarcastic tone.

I turn to her, and see the clock in the wall behind her head, 12:03 read the analog clock. "Nothing, I just got to go." My sister squinted her eyes suspiciously at my reply.

"Where you do you have to go so suddenly this Saturday morning?" She asked, trying to get more information out of me.

"I'm just going out for a little bit," I said standing up and taking my plate into the kitchen. "I'll see you guys later." I tell James and Tony, they nod their heads, but I can tell both are curious if were I am going. "Oh, and Tony with you set up that meeting?" James nods his head again, still giving me a curious look.

Running up stairs to my room, I am
greeted by my own reflection from the mirror on my wall. I had forgotten I was still in my boxers but thankfully I remember to put on a shirt before I
went down to breakfast. My hair was a mess and I looked like I hadn't slept, but I had no time to shower. Quickly I
brushes my hair and slipped on jeans and a gray shirt. I checked one last time in the mirror, I didn't look amazing but I had looked worst before. It has been a while since I really cared about how I looked for someone.

Grabbing my phone I looked at the time, 12:17. I ran down to the garage, and jumped on to my bike. Lakeside Park was at least a 20 minute bike ride, so I needed to hurry if I wasn't going to be late.

The butterflies in my stomach had gotten a lot worst, I hadn't been this nervous about something or someone in a long time. The feeling of riding my bike help calm my nervous a little but as I turned the corner I could see the Lakeside Park sign, and the butterflies acted up again.

I could feel the presents of Carter before I even saw him. My wolf clawed at the surface, as I got off my bike walking over to the bike rack. He wanted our mate, but letting my wolf out was not an option, especially in public.

A figure sat on a picnic table at the back of the park by the lake. Tho the person's back was to me, I knew it was Carter. I could feel his presence but I could also smell his scent, pine. As I walk closed to him I see him tense up, then relax. He probably smelled me, but then realized it was, well, me.

Carter didn't turn around to meet me as I approached, so I sat on the table with him. Our backs were to each other, he was looking at the lake, while I was looking at the park. We just sat there, breathing in each other's scents. Taking a second to just sit in the quiet of the park, not many people were there. An elderly couple were by the lake's edge, a small family was having a picnic by a large tree, and two women were taking a walk on the sidewalk.

I slowly turned my body, so that I was sitting cross-legged on the table. This angle allowed me to see half of Carter's face and body. He looked tense and deep in thought. "Hi," I say in a quiet voice. He turns his face to me, and I give him a small smile. His body still looks tense but his face now had an unreadable expression on it.

Then he leaned in and kissed me. A small peak on the lips, it was over in a blink. I didn't even have time to kiss him back, but my lips still felt sparkly from that small kiss, and my wolf wanted more. He took control and hungrily attacked Carter with my lips. Carter, stunned at first, quickly met my aggressiveness. My wolf was still in control, he pulled Carter by the shirt and brought him down on top of us, my back flat on the picnic table. I ran my hands from the bottom of Carter's shirt up to this hair, aggressively. Carter pulls my hands from his hair and pins them above our heads. I kiss him harder then grind my lower half against his, receiving a grunt from Carter. Our kissing had gotten so barbaric, that we where more like bitting each other than kissing.

Carter pulls his mouth away from mine for air, and I start sucking on his ear and the his jaw line. He says something but I can't hear it over my wolf yelling at me to keep going. He says it again, but I just move lower on his neck.

"Liam, I said stop!" Carter pushes me away from his neck. He stares at me straight in the eyes, "I said stop..." he says quieter.

"Sorry," I apologize to him. "My wolf was in control, I didn't even hear you." Carter nods, then sits up to the position he was before. His body tensed again and his face went back to unreadable.