1.6

Third Person

The boys waited in the waiting room patiently. Okay. Maybe not that patiently but they did not break down a door.

"We need a distraction. How do you think Jamie is going to take the news?"

"What news?" Wyatt asked.

"It's only for those who graduated."

"No, seriously what is going on."

"Don't freak out but, your school is trading officers and Justin, Jake, and me are going to be on duty," Jax admits.

"Why would I care?"

"Because we're the ones that put you in handcuffs for getting into trouble."

"So basically, you guys get to pull scrappy off Asher instead of me."

"You better pull her off before we even get in there, or I will put the handcuffs on you,"
Justin butts in.

"Jamisyn Duncan."

They all run towards the nurse. 

"Her heart had a sudden drop and she went to cardiac arrest. We were able to save her and she is stable now. This could create a possible heart condition. Has she had a history of a heart condition?"

"Yes. She was born premature and has had sudden heart failure when she was 2, 4, 7, 8, and now 16."

"Okay. Thank you."

"She is in stable condition and can have visitors now."

The guys rush in and see Jamie cursing a doctor out who is trying to get her to take some medicine.

"Jamisyn Logan Duncan," Jamie hears in warning.

"If you think I won't consent to sedation and IV, you're wrong."

"No. No. Please. I'll take the medicine."

Jamie takes it and grumbles.

"I was going to give you your phone back because I wrongly judged the situation but now I think I'll keep it for a day or two."

"No. Please. I'm bored out of my mind I this hospital."

"Sucks to be you. You'll get this back in two days."

"Sorry, but visiting hours are over. We are keeping her overnight observation. And you can take her home at 9:00 tomorrow."

The guys arrive the next morning around seven and have some coffee and hang out with Jamie. When nine o'clock hit, they took her home and sent her up to her room.

"All adult J's, get your asses in my room so I can talk to you."

They all get in and have a seat.

"When are we going to tell Jamie."

"How about never?"

"Nope. Because then she'll get pissed during the introduction ceremony."

"Sounds good to me."

"Shut the fuck up."

"Young man, do not use that language. Do I need to go get the wooden spoon."

"I will beat you with that damn wooden spoon."

"Bullshit, you can't even touch a wooden spoon without shivering."

"Back to the topic."

"I think we keep it low and address Jamie's reaction when it comes around."

"Fine. But, I'm not dealing with that."

"Next, today is Thursday. Do you want to have her go to school on Friday or wait until Monday."

"How about she goes in for a half day tomorrow?"

"Sounds good."

"Next we need to clean. I want this house spotless or someone to convince the kids to. Some else needs to go grocery shopping to. We got it."

They all left.

"Jamie and Wyatt get your asses up and make this house shine like the top of the chrysler building."

These guys.

Jax

A few hours later the house is clean. Not that anyone did anything. Not even Jamie. It was only Wyatt. I know he's hiding something.

"Hey Wy," I see him flinch. Huh? "Can I talk to you?"

"Sure."

"A few things. First of all why did you clean the whole house."

"I owe you guys something. For you just to let me move in and adopt me for nothing. Half this city would pay to see me rot on these streets."

"You don't have to do anything. We chose this. We chose you. You don't have to repay us."

"I know you think your not being overly generous. But you are."

"I'm not going to let some teenager rot in the streets. Guilty or not. And don't think I didn't notice you slip the money into my wallet for that dinner. I told you I would pay. But don't worry. By the way, here is a debit card. We will update your allowance monthly. You get $500 per month and earn more by doing stuff for us. I already paid you back for the dinner. Here is an emergency credit card in case you're ever in trouble."

"I don't need all this stuff. I can't take it. I feel bad for even having a roof over my head."

"Guess what, we're paying our mortgage with or without you here so don't get worried. We have plenty of money. So, you are going to take the cards and spend it wisely. If you want to look for a job so you can have and earn more money, that's your priority."

"Thank you so much."

"Don't worry. You're too young to be worrying about these things anyway."

Jamie

The next morning I wake up. I supposedly have a half day at school. Jay will be there with me in case anything happens. I finally get my phone back today and I'm so happy.

I get to school and of course Barbie Bitch is waiting for me. Ugh.

"How you doing Jamisyn?"

"Good thanks for asking."

"Ugh," she snoots and struts away.

If things don't change soon, I'm a cut a bitch.

"Omg is that Jay."

"Damn that glo up tho."

"Why is he back?"

"Probably for revenge."

"One who."

"Assner."

The rumors our flying left and right and Kay just smirks. Typical. We head to History class.

"Good morning Mr. Assner."

"You," he speaks with venom in his voice.

"I'm observing with my sister because of her recent health issues. Don't want any issues."

"And to think, I thought I could actually like Jamie."

They both darkly chuckle. Well okay.