Shuffle Series #1

a/n: so how the shuffle series works is that I will shuffle a song on my Apple Music app and the first song that plays will be what the theme is. Then I will shuffle my fandoms and that will be who I write the theme about (if that makes sense lol.) so I thought that this was a cool concept to follow so that's what I'm doing.

+++++

Theme: Based off of the song "Doing It Wrong" by Drake

Fandom: One Direction/Niall Horan

Word Count:

Warnings: there will most likely be angst

+++++

He opened the door begrudgingly, knowing that she wasn't ready to hear what he is about to say.

"Hey Niall! How was your day sweetie?" She wrapped her arms around his tired body, glad that he had finally come back home after a long day of work.

"Oh just the usual darling."

His words were forced. His day was not usual at all. It was boring and unfulfilling to him anymore.

"Oh okay, well I have dinner set up so let's go eat, alright?" She grabbed his hand. 

They both sat down in their little apartment that night, eating what best they could afford. Niall looked over at his girlfriend, feeling an agonizing pang of guilt.

She was so beautiful. She was smart, and witty, and everything a guy could ever want.

But he didn't feel as emotionally attached as he used to be. That feeling of wanting to come back home to her had disappeared and he didn't know why.

She hadn't done anything wrong.

"Hey Cam. Can we talk?" Niall spoke up.

"Sure babe. What's up?" Can replied, continuing to eat her dinner while Niall just stared at his.

"No Cam. We need to talk." He said more sternly, getting her attention.

"Okay.. Is everything okay?"

'Niall has never been this nervous before.. Maybe he'll pop the big question!' She thought.

Niall grabbed both of Cam's hands, as she tried to hide her obvious smile.

"Why are you smiling, Cam?" Niall asked.

Cam giggled and playfully hit his arm.

"Because I know that you are about to ask for my hand in marriage silly! That's why you've been so distant here lately!" She laughed but noticed that Niall's expression hadn't changed.

He looked like he was gonna throw up.

"Right? That's why you've been so distant, right?"

Cam looked desperately to her boyfriend for the answer she wanted to hear.

"Cam, I love you. I really do.." Niall shook his head, trying not to let the tears fall.

Cam placed her hand on his face, not wanting to believe whatever was about to come out of his mouth. In some ways she knew that Niall had lost his feelings for her, but she ignored the signs. They had been together for almost 3 years and they had went through everything that a normal couple goes through, but what had made him complete become uninterested in her?

"Then love me Niall. I can make you happy. I can be everything you want me to be, but please don't do this to me. You're the only person I have in my life." Cam wrapped her arms around Niall and wept on his shoulder.

They held each other like it was the last time they'd ever see each other. But in the back of their minds, they already knew that things weren't gonna be okay.