80s Surprise Party (Peter Quill)

+++++

Theme: Imagine planning a surprise 80s-themed party for Peter's birthday

Fandom: Guardians of the Galaxy/Peter Quill

Word Count: 843

Warnings: adorableness and 80s references

+++++

"For the last time, the plan is when Peter walks in, we ALL yell surprise. Got it?"

You were trying to explain to the Guardians what a surprise party was but they didn't seem to get it.

Today is Peter's birthday and since he probably hasn't had a birthday party since he was living back in Earth, you decided to plan one for him.

"I am Groot."

"No Groot, you can't light the candles on his birthday cake. Remember last time you got around fire?" Rocket replied.

"I am Groot.."

"That's right, you burned your limb arms. So (Y/N) will be lighting them."

You looked at Drax and Gamora and they looked very puzzled at all the decorations I had set up.

I decided to decorate the place in bright neon colors and set out some classic 80s novelties I had collected over the past year.

"What is this, (Y/N)?" Drax asked picking up a package of Pop Rocks.

"Just open it up and put some on your tongue." I said, deviously waiting for his resspond to the crackling candy.

"Ooh (y/n), these taste quite goo- OUCH!" He started to wipe them off his tongue furiously.

I busted out laughing while everyone just looked at me, like I was crazy.

"He just- okay nevermind, you guys wouldn't understand." You awkwardly shuffled over to the cake table to check in Peter's cake.

It was a chocolate sheet pan cake with chocolate icing and the words 'Happy Birthday Star Lord' frosted on top.

"Okay everything should be perfect. Now let's all hide before Peter gets here."

All of the Guardians hid under a separate table, waiting for me to give the go.

After about 5 minutes of waiting, we heard the doors to the Milano open and Peter walking in the control room.

I signaled for to the Guardians and we all popped up from hiding.

"SURPRISE!" We all yelled.

"I AM GROOT!" Groom yelled after and we all proceeded to laugh at him.

"Guys, oh my gosh, how did you even know it was my birthday?" He asked everybody.

"(Y/N). She is the one who planned this whole surprise party." Drax replied.

"Thanks (Y/N)."

You smiled and proceeded to walk towards him.

"Let's take a trip back to the 80s, shall we?"

Peter laughed at you and began to look around the room.

"Oh my gosh!! Where did you find one of these?" Peter picked up a Rubix cube and you shrugged your shoulders.

"I've been collecting for a while."

He just looked back at you astonished and picked up the bag of Razzles.

"Razzles? These were my favorite candies when I was a kid! Remember the slogan?" He asked me.

"First it's a candy, then it's a gum!" We both said in unison and began to laugh.

"(Y/N), you even found POP ROCKS!!" Peter popped some in his mouth and they started to crack.

"So you fed me rocks, (Y/N)?!" Drax exclaimed.

"No not really, I- just let's move on to the cake." I said, while everybody followed.

+++++

"The cake was delicious, (Y/N)." Peter said and you smiled back at him.

"How about we do presents now?" I asked and everybody nodded.

"Wait, presents?"

All the Guardians looked at me and I nodded.

"Yes guys. Presents??" I looked around and none of them got Peter any gifts.

"You know what, it's alright. I don't need any presents." Peter smiled.

"Thank you guys for the party and everything, but we all have a big day tomorrow, so let's all hit the hay." The Guardians nodded and everybody went to bed.

Except me. I had to give Peter my gift!

I walked up to Peter's quarters and knocked at his door.

"I'm telling you Rocket, if this is another one of your ding-dong-ditch games, I'll call you a raccoon." Peter opened his door.

"Sorry it's just me." I laughed. He motioned for me to come in and I sat down in the lounge chair he had in his room.

"What's this (Y/N)?" He asked, pointing to the box in your hand.

"Well, Yondu and I came up with a gift to surprise you with and since he couldn't be here, I asked if it was okay to give it to you. Of course he said no, but I don't listen to Yondu anyways, so here." I set the gift in his lap.

"You really didn't have to do this for me (Y/N).."

"I know but.. this is what we Earth people do." I smiled.

Peter smiled back and proceeded to open his gift.

"No way.." Peter said as he lifted the record player out of the box.

"Yeah it took me and Yondu quite a while to find that." I laughed.

"Wow. I just don't know what to say.." you could see Peter tearing up.

"Just don't say anything." I put my hand on his shoulder and gave him a quick peck in the cheek before walking out of his bedroom.

"Best birthday ever.."