The Bet (Gally): Part 3

~~~~~
Previously on Part 2...

"If we hadn't of made that bet, she would still be with me right now! Minho, I don't think you realize truly how much she means to me. She's the only thing keeping me happy in this place and if I don't have her.. I don't know what I'll do! That's why I have a broken nose and cuts and bruises.. Because I feel much more worse on the inside that I need to feel the same way on the outside!"

Gally was chest-to-chest with Minho, tears almost starting to form in his eyes. They both stared at each other before Minho slowly back away.

"Alright, now that that is done, who wants to fight?"

All the gladers backed away from the ring and started to go back to the homestead. Everybody realized that the party needed to end for Gally's sake, plus it was way past the bedtimes anyway. Jeff stayed behind and walked up to Gally.

"Let's go get that nose fixed, Gal."

+++++

Gally walked back to the infirmary, and Jeff started to fix his nose.
It was excustiating to say the least. Now Gally had bandages wrapped around his new, lop-sided sniffer.

"Um, Gal you have a visitor."

Jeff pulled back the curtain to reveal a very stunned and worried (y/n). She looked out of breath, like she had been running.

She looked to Jeff and he got the memo.

"I'll be out here if you need anything." As Jeff exited the tent, (y/n) entered.

She didn't move for a while, nor did she talk. She just stared at Gally. It's like she couldn't say anything. Like she just forgot how to talk.

Gally, however, had so many words running around in his head. Millions of questions and thoughts were filling his brain's capacity.

Did she hate him? Why was she here? Is here anyway possible in the whole universe that she could find the will to forgive him?

"Gallup.." He had spaced out and didn't hear anything that (y/n) just said.

"Yeah.. what?" Gally trailed off.

"Are you okay?" Y/n asked, walking over to his bedside and sitting down at the end of the cot.

"Yes." He replied short and and directly. He avoided eye contact with y/n.

"I'm done. If you won't talk to me then there is no need for me to be here right now." Y/n stood up from the cot and made her way to the exit of the tent.

Gally cut his eyes towards her and could see that she was wiping away tears with her back turned to him. She grabbed all the belongings she brought with her and almost made it out the door.

"Wait.." Gally trailed off.

Y/n stopped at the door. She turned around with tear-stained cheeks and a disgusted look on her face.

"Why Gallup? Why would you do that to me? After I trusted you in this God-awful place? Loyalty is sacred here, and ever since Francis... You have been the only one there for me. So please tell me why, you would you do that to me?"

"Because I never meant to fall in love with you!" Gally yelled.

"Youre- i-in love with me?" I was thoroughly shocked.

"I'm in love with you... Every ounce of my being is in love with you. When I seen you with Newt tonight.. it just broke my heart. I never want to see you with anybody else but me.."

You couldn't take it anymore, so you ran over to Gally and kissed him. You tried to be careful since his face was sore from fighting, so you let him guide your face with his hands.

You pulled apart from him and looked into his eyes. It looked as though he had tears forming in them. You both hugged each other's neck with both of your might.

Both of you weren't ready to let each other go, ever.