New friends.: 3

(Present)
We sit in the Bomb shelter. "You know how that bomb went off?" Says Ben."well I think it was placed inside the shop." He continues. "Yeah"we agree. "So...... were are you from?" Asks Craig. "Ahhh,it's complicated. "Them two are cousins from New South Wales. Says rose. "Sophie and I are friends from Paris and Bella and Brayden are both from Queensland. "Where did you guys meet?" I ask curiously. "We met in Tasmania back in 2005 " Sophie says combing her long black hair. "Cool,gees you guys travel." I say "oh that's right! I was Born somewhere in Tasmania but I don't know where" I say. "Tasmania is beautiful" Sophie says. "Yah but so is Paris" I smile. We tell bits of life stories for the next hour.

Suddenly Brayden gets up. "Uh no it's time to go home." We nod and get up. "Uh,crystal to you want us to drop you off at your home." I shake my head. "I....I don't have....a home" I sigh and get up. "Thank you though for everything" I start to open the door then Sophie says. "You could stay with us. We have a spare bed" I look back. "Really,we only just met." I say. "3 hours ago" Brayden points out. "Come on.it will be fine,we trust you,you can trust us." Sophie says. "Oh,well if it's no trouble..." I shrug. "Cool!,come on we can take the ute." Craig says. I nod and follow them out. We walk around the back of the building to a red ute. I look in the cab. "It only has 3 seats." I say. "The rest can get on the back. " Brayden says as he gets in the drivers seat. Craig and Bella call front. Sophie hoists herself onto the back and helps rose up.

"Here put your foot on the step and I will help you up." Sophie says. I nod and put my left, slightly grazed leg onto the step. Sophie grabs my arm and I hoist myself onto the back of the ute. I step between Sophie and rose and hang on to the white wooden bar. Ben gets on and Brayden starts the engine and it jerks forward good thing I was hanging on. "Manual?" I say ."yeah,we bought it last month. " rose says. I nod. Soon the environment changes and we are on tar. "He,won't we get arrested for this?" I ask "no,this is a private road." Craig says from the window in front. I nod again. Trees start to appear on either side of the road. In long big lines the tall pines swiftly sway in the afternoon breeze.

I check the time 5:15. The ute stops in front of a house. Craig gets out and opens the gate. Brayden drives the car through and Craig closes the gate,gets back in and Brayden keeps moving. We stop behind the house. A small shed stands. It has 1 window,1 door and a small outdoor dinning area. Everybody gets out/off and I follow. "We're do you stay?" I ask Brayden curiously as we walk up the small gravel path. "Uh,this is our headquarters,house is out of bounds,strictly parents only." I nod as Brayden unlocks and opens the shed door. We all step inside and I find that there is 8 beds opposite each other. A dog comes up to us. "That's my dog terry" Brayden says. "Oh hello " I smile as a scratch the dog just behind his ear"he's very friendly " I say as I pat him. "Yeah,I bought him up from a pup" Brayden says. "How old is he?" I ask curiously. "In human years he would be 5 " Craig buds in. I nod. Brayden points to a top bunk on the left. "That's your bed." Brayden says. I nod and put my backpack on the bed. "He,can we watch a movie?" Bella says. "Yeah,ok.crystal,what do you like?" Brayden asks. "Oh,anything with action and drama I guess." I say. "Cool,bones,twilight,fast and furious,need for speed,or allegiant" Craig says. "Wow,you have quite the selection. " I say. "Uh,well you haven't seen the half of it" Ben says.

"Hmmmm,how about allegiant,I haven't seen that yet." I say. "Yeah,I haven't seen that either" Sophie says. "Seriously?,that's been out for like half a year " Ben laughs. "so,I haven't either." Sophie says. So Brayden turns on the TV and switches it over to the DVD player. We climb onto our beds and talk through the movie. I get to know a lot about them but I don't tell them a lot about me. I know it's unfair but I have to be careful. No one must know about me.

We go to bed at 10:30. I wake up in the middle of the night. I get the feeling that I need to escape. So I sneak down off my bunk and decide to go out the window. It was left open last night when we were playing spotlight. I climb through the window and sneak away in the night. I might actually be safe here for a while. I walk behind the shed and find a small bank. The moonlight is ok so I don't need a light to see. I find that at the bottom of the hill that there is a small creak. The water sparkles in the moonlight. I pull out my cell and take a photo. I tend to do this-whenever I see or find something pretty I take a photo and record it. I have pretty sunsets,a full moon and some nice cliffs and scenery already saved. I sit down on the edge. I think I can actually relax for a while.

Later I sneak back in. Sophie stirs in her bed as I crawl into mine.