Chapter 2

Well, he got rid of my mother, at least.

The  twisted image of my mother faded away, and I was back in the sunny,  warm grass patch. The raticate was still staring at me, head cocked,  probably wondering why I was so afraid of it. I got up and whirled  around, facing the direction of the voice. A spiky haired boy, around my  age, was staring at me, arms folded. His emerald green eyes screamed  arrogance and cockiness.

The  boy smirked. "What got into you?" he asked. "Raticates are nothing  special. Look." He beckoned to something above him, and I saw a huge  bird, a Pidgeot, swoop down. Its beak was bared and claws were extended,  and it was headed straight for the raticate. The raticate squeaked in  fear and scampered away. The pidgeot circled once, cawing, and settled  on an overhead branch.

"See?"  said the boy. "Easy." He walked over and picked up my fallen pokeball.  "What IS this thing, anyways?" he asked, rolling his eyes. "A rattata?  No, I forgot you were afraid of them. Probably a spearow or something  weak." My eyes widened. That was Rhyperior's ball.

"Mister," I squeaked, feebly raising a hand. "That's...not...what you think..." The boy rolled his eyes at me.

"Pffft,  I've handled stuff worse than this." He pressed the button. A jet of  light burst out, taking shape and forming into my huge, heavy Rhyperior.  It fell to the ground with a thud, almost hitting the boy's foot. He  shrieked and stumbled back, looking at me with his eyes wide.

"What the Arceus?" he gasped, looking back and forth between my pokemon and I. "This isn't yours, right?"

Now  it was my turn to roll my eyes. "It is, you dolt," I shot back. "Why,  am I too weak to handle it?" I took the pokeball and returned Rhyperior,  then I stared at him, hands on my hips.

"Who  are you, anyways?" I asked, staring right into his eyes. Huge mistake.  They were so hypnotic, I thought I could stand there, staring into them  forever. I was ready to drift off...

His  voice brought me back to reality. "Green Oak," he said, extending a  hand. "I'm sorry for insulting you." At least he knew how to apologize.

I  accepted the handshake. "Regina Fantia," I said, shaking his hand.  "Pleasure to meet you, apology accepted." Instead of responding, Green  narrowed his eyes suspiciously. I was taken aback. Did I do something  wrong?

"You  haven't asked me about my grandfather," Green said. "Just who are you?"  I was surprised. Was it the norm to inquire people about their  grandfathers? I decided to go along with it.

"Um,  sorry, so how is your grandfather?" I asked nervously. Was I doing the  right thing? Probably not, Green looked even more confused now.

"Do you know my grandfather, Professor Oak?" he asked, staring at me like I had four heads. I shook my head.

"No, sorry, but could you tell me?"

Green's  eyebrows shot up. "You don't KNOW him?" he asked incredulously. "You  haven't seen him on TV? On his Radio Show? Or at his lab in Pallet  Town?" Oh, so his grandfather was famous.

I  sighed. "I was forbidden to leave the house, watch TV, or listen to the  radio... until now," I answered. Green stepped backwards, as if seeing me  for the first time. I pouted, hoping that he would just run away and  forget about this awkward exchange.

Well, I was wrong.

Instead  of running away like I hoped he would, he stepped closer to me. "You  need a place to sleep, probably," he said, his tone softer now. "My  friend's family is on vacation and they've lent me their house. You  should sleep with me."

I  shook my head, stepping back. "No, no," I said. "I don't need one..." I  was cut short by Green dashing forward and grabbing my arm. He was  close, way too close. I could feel his breath traveling down my throat,  and those eyes of his staring right into mine. I stopped breathing,  nervous. Even I knew that this was socially unacceptable, especially  towards someone you've just met.

"No,  you're coming with me," he said firmly, before I could push him away.  He started dragging me towards the house on the upper right of the town.  Looking back, eyes filled with concern, he added, "And once we're  inside, tell me your story. I'd like to help, whatever it is."

I  groaned. How could I say no to those eyes? For better or worse, Green  would be sticking his nose into my business now. Great. Just great.

------=---------=--------=

Author's Note: Unlike See You Again, these will be deleted upon completion of the book. :)

Anyways, I'm so into writing this story I have two chapters published already! I'm just writing from my heart, the story matching my mood and shaping itself to my thoughts. If there's any grammar mistakes, let me know, please. Thank you!

I'm trying to fix the cover, I HATE the way Green and Gold's pictures have a rectangular frame that shows through. It annoys me to no end. In addition, I'm also left looking at the empty space next to our main character. I'll probably put a pokemon, there, without the pokemon, I don't think many people will know its a pokemon fanfiction. :D Let me know what you think!