Chapter 6

I told him everything. Why not?

After I was done, he leaned back in his chair, the sun highlighting blonde streaks in his chestnut hair. He was giving me that pity look again.

"Regina, I'm so sorry," he said softly, closing his eyes.

He was silent for a moment, and then opened them again.

"So do you like me?" he teased, earning himself a ferocious glare.

"No," I said, feeling the blush creeping up my cheeks. "My mom would probably think I do, but that's not the case."

Green smirked. "Uh huh, yeah," he replied, staring at my blush.

I got up, changing the subject. "Can we fly to the first town and get started?" I asked, impatient to get going. The sooner I defeated the league, the sooner I could be free to do whatever I wanted.

Green sighed. "You don't have to follow your parent's instructions, you know," he said, picking at a hangnail. His cloak billowed in the wind, and his emerald eyes glinted darkly, giving me that impression of power. I shook my head of the thought.

"I do," I said dejectedly. "I'm afraid of them. What will they do to me if I don't succeed?" I could feel tears gathering in my eyes again. Geez, Regina, I chided myself. Why are you so weak? Toughen up!

Green opened his mouth, but I held up a hand. I didn't want his BS.

"I don't want to hear it."

Green ran his hand through his hair. "I get it," he exhaled. Turning to look at me, he stared straight at me. I felt the blush again, slowly spreading throughout my face. I averted my eyes.

Green pouted, clearly deciding whether to talk or not. Finally, he took a deep breath. "You can't go city to city," he began.

I was shocked. "Wha-" I started, but was cut off by Green.

"You need more training," he said. "You're going to go route by route. Complete your journey the real way."

I gasped. "But wouldn't it be quicker if I just went to every city and trained on the nearby routes?" I asked, trying not to scream in frustration.

Green shook his head. "You need the real experience," he said, evidently trying to be patient with me. I was annoyed now.

"But, I have the knowledge and the pokemon!" I insisted, balling my fists. What was his problem? It was my journey, my rules. He was just the.... tag along. I didn't even want him with me.

"But you do," a little voice said inside my head. I groaned.

"Shut up," I growled, warning the voice to be quiet.

"Excuse me?" Green asked. He was losing his patience. Taking deep breaths, he slowly calmed himself down. Shaking his head, he looked at me. "Are you okay?" he asked, his green eyes a soft leaf color.

I gave him my "You're too stupid to live" look.

"I'm fine," I replied, crossing my arms.

Green nodded. "If you're okay, then tell me what the town west of here is called."

I frowned. "I don't know."

Green smirked, back to his old annoying self. "See? You're gonna get lost, if you don't even know where your towns are."

He had a point. "Okay, okay," I relented, raising my hands up in defeat. "Let's go."

Green smiled, obviously pleased with my answer. He grabbed my hand, and pulled me into the grassy patch. I could only hope that a rattata wouldn't show up.