Chapter 1

BANG!

You get forced awake by a sudden noise coming from the kitchen. You quickly run into the kitchen to see your children covered in pancake batter. Your kitchen is covered with all types of stuff. Erik takes one look at you and starts crying.

"I'm sorry, Mommy," he cries while try to wipe his tears away.

"Serve right!" Alrin yells. "You make mess for Mommy!"

Erik cries even harder and continuously apologizes. Your surprise is replaced with a soft smile. You get on your knees so you can look into Erik's eyes.

"Don't cry Sweetie," you say calmly while wiping his tears away with your sleeve. You wait till his breathing goes back to normal. "Now, tell me what happened."

"Erik did it Mommy!" Arlin calls out.

You smile and look at Arlin. "You had nothing to do with it?"

Arlin's angry face lightens. His face becomes red because he knows he just got caught in a lie. 

"Now tell Mommy what really happened," you say.

Erik nods. "We were trying to make breakfast for you Mommy. I thought I could do it since I watched you so many times. But instead, we messed up and made a huge mess."

You pet the little brown haired child. "Let's clean this place up then we will all cook breakfast together."

Both children smile and nod. The both rush into the supply closet. Alrin pulls out the mop and broom while Erik pulls out the bucket. You watch Arlin try to carry the things that are taller than him. You cover your mouth as you giggle a little. The poor blonde haired child is trying so hard to keep everything balanced. They both drop everything in the middle of the kitchen which causes a really loud noise.

"Good. Now, who wants to get some washcloths for us?" You ask.

Both children raise their hands. Arlin tries his best to pull Erik's hand down.

"I GET IT!" he yells.

Erik keeps his hand raised and turns around to block Arlin from reaching his hand. You can't help but giggle. It's amazing how opposite they are from their father's. 

"You both go get them, cause we are going to need a lot for this mess." You smile while slowly putting both of their hands down.

They both put on big smiles and run down the hall towards the bathroom. You begin to fill the bucket with some Bleach and lemon scented Pin-Sol along with some warm water, so the children don't burn their hands. The stomping of little feet come running back. You slowly put the bucket of water on the floor. Erik and Arlin have there arms full with every washcloth you have in the house. They hover them over th bucket.

"WA---" 

Too late! They drop all of the washcloths in the bucket with smiles printed on their faces. You rubs your forehead with your hand and just sigh with a smile.

"Thank you Sweeties," you say.

You look at the bucket full of extra laundry you have to do. You should've been more specific. Oh well. You roll up your sleeves and your children copy you. Arlin's sleeves are very uneven, but Erik makes his sleeves perfectly even. You smile at you little prides and joys. Yes, your a young mother, but you love you children. 

You give your children a washcloth out of the thousands that are in there.

"THIS NOT FAVORITE!" Arlin calls out, looking at a blue washcloth with pink polka dots.

"Don't yell at Mommy," Erik says. "We did just make a mess."

"BUT I WANT FAVORITE!" Arlin yells while throwing the one you gave him on the floor.