Chapter 7

​​(Thank you for the OC! It's greatly appreciated! The person who sent it their OC has made my job a lot easier! (: :) here's a cookie! The OC, Mya, shall be added! Whoever else wants to add theirs! Info will be at the bottom!)

You look at sick child and fill anger boiling inside your heart. Glaring at Armin.

"Of course!" you snap. "You really think I'm thinking about that damn date when my child, The one you said would he fine, is here sick! Yes I'm delaying it! Possibly for a while! Now get out and let me tend to my babies!" You point to the door.

Armin's face washes over with hurt. "He's mine too. I care about him too."

Then your body fills up with guilt. But...."I'm the only one who was here whenever this happened. You two were all the way in Japan. I didn't get jack from you! No money! No cards! No nothin! All you gave them was a phone call, a phone I pay for! So excuse me if I don't want a man in my life right now!"

Eren slowly puts Erik down and pushes him towards you. "Let's go Armin."

Armin nods and gets up. They both walk out of the room and even the house. The guilt leaves when you realize Arlin is asleep again. You hold him as close as you can and lay down. Erik soon crawls on the other side and snuggles with you. You soon pass out, holding your children tightly.

You hold on tighter and tighter to your children, but you can feel their tiny hands escaping your hands. Tears stream down your face as you hold on tighter. They're crying and screaming at you to not let go as their poor tiny bodies hang over the cliff. Sweat covers your hands, causing them to slip more. But soon, their fingers slip too far. You scream as you watch your children fall deeper and deeper into the cliff. Your mother, your father, Armin, Eren, grandmother, grandfather, Erik, Arlin, and Mya surround you.

"You failed to protect us!" they chant. "You promised you would protect us!" They keep getting louder with every word, and they keep getting closer. "You didn't hold on tight enough!" Step closer and get louder. "You failed to protect us!" They step closer and get louder. "Why didn't you protect us!" Again. "You promised to protect us!" Again to the point they are screaming in your ear. You cove your ears trying to keep the words out. "You let us go! You never loved us! If you did you wouldn't have failed!!"

You quickly open your eyes. You look around to see your children are still there, in your arms, sleeping. You let a sigh of relief escape your lips. Holding them tighter, you slowly go back to sleep.

You finally wake up after a while. But one problem...

"Erik?" You shoot up and look around the room. "Erik?!"

The door opens and Erik comes in with a plate of your favorite meal. Relief washes over you. He brings over the tray and hands it to you. You look over at Arlin, still fast asleep. You feel his head. His fever hasn't gone down yet. Erik crawls onto the bed and looks at Arlin. He also feels his head, his happy expression fades away. His perfect brown hair falls over his eyes.

"Sweetie?" you ask while gently placing your other hand on his back. "Is everything alright?"

You notice him biting his lip. His body begins to shiver.

"Sweetie?" A little more worry mixes in with your voice.

"It's my fault," he whispers.

"What do you mean?"

He looks at you with tears in his eyes. "I should've saved him! I'm the one who suggested going outside when you and Arlin's daddy were talking!"

You wrap your arms around him. You stroke his hair gently. "No. It isn't your fault. Things like this happen. It's no ones fault." A hint of pain twitches on your face. Your saying all the things your blamed yourself for. "It's a Mommy's job to worry." You loosen your grip on him and look him in the eyes. "Erik's job is to be happy along with his brother." You gently boops his nose with a smile.

His smile returns to his face. "Let's stay happy for Arlin."

"Yes Sweetie. For Arlin." You kiss his forehead then look at the food that looks slightly to very burnt. "Who made this?"

"Daddy did!" Erik smiles proudly at the thought of his father doing something nice for his mother.

"You don't say." You stare at the food that you know you have to eat, or else Erik will be heartbroken. Then you look at the time.

"YOU'RE GOING TO BE LATE FOR SCHOOL!!"

You put the plate down. You didn't notice how late your slept. Erik frantically tries to put on his clothes.

You look at him and shrug. "Good enough."

You can just feel the bus hating on you, like usual. You rush out of the room and throw random food items into a paper bag. Soda, candy, apples whatever that was. And you rush him out the door and onto the driveway. The bus just pulls up and you successfully got him on the bus on time. As it drives away you notice the paper bag in your hand. SHIT! You chase after the bus screaming. Soon you make it to an open window and throw the lunch bag at it. But, of course, it hits the side of the bus, splattering all kinds of stuff on it. You freeze as the bus stops. The bus driver slowly walks off the bus.

​​​​​​You run back in the direction of your house. "JUST EAT THE SCHOOL LUNCH FOR TODAY! MOMMY LOVES YOU!"

You run all the way to your house and slam the door once your inside. That's a good way to teach your kid. You give yourself a pat on the back. Then you look at the kids room. Arlin is too sick to go to preschool. And you have college to go to. You really don't trust Armin or Eren to watch him. Suddenly, there's knocking at the door. You fix your hair and straighten out your outfit and open the door. An angel is standing, well that's how you see her tight now.

"Mya! Thank God your here!" you yell excitedly.

Her beautiful dark brown eyes don't even flinch or twitch at your exhaustion. She's been through this before. In fact, she seen worse than this. Mya has been your friend ever since you came to America. She was also the only one who spoke Japanese at the time. Her shiny black hair wraps around her shoulder as her head tilts with a smile on her face.

"Is Arlin ready to go?" she asks.

"I'm afraid not," you answer. "Arlin has come down with a fever and I have college soon."

Mya keeps a smile on her face. "I'll watch him for you!"

"Are you sure?" you ask, trying to hide the shock in your voice.

"Of course! I love your kids!" Her eyes begin to smile and sparkle along with her lips.

You smile widely. "You're the best!"

Soon Armin walks into the living room along with Eren. Mya's smile disappears and glares at them. She walks past you and grabs Armin by the shirt and death stares right into his eyes.

"You better not be giving her a hard time!" she smiles creepily then glares at Eren. "Right?"

They both shake their heads and leave without their souls. Mya turns to you and smiles.

"So where is the sweet little angel."

"In his room."

"Perfect!" She squeaks a little and turns toward the kids room. "Go on and get ready! I got it from here."

"Thank you so much!"

You rush to the bathroom and begin fixing yourself up. You don't have time for a shower so you get the basics done. Teeth, hair, clothes, and deodorant. Then you wave to both Arlin and Mya.

"I'll be back as fast as I can!" you call out.

"Take your time," Mya smiles. "You need it."

​​​​​​​You absolutely love her. She's such an axing friend. You leave the house and head to college.