Chapter 17

You finally leave the bathroom. Eren stays in there for a little while just so it doesn't look too suspicious, especially for your children. They are way too young. You go into the kitchen to see them scrubbing away at the floor. They look up at you with smiles on their faces.

"Arlin's dad is letting us paint pictures with bubbles." Erik says with his eyes sparkling.

"Is that what you're doing." You look at the floor as it shines.

Kira keeps pawing at the little brushes the children are using and making little growling sounds. You can't help but giggle at the cute little thing. He fits in with the family really well. Speaking of which.

"Have you fed the dog today Erik?" You ask.

Erik quickly drops everything and runs over to the cabinet. He drags out the bag of dog food. Kira jumps all over him. His tail wagging. But Erik opens the bag and drops it on the floor and quickly runs back to his brush. Kira doesn't hesitate to crawl into the bag and help himself. You sigh and just shrug it off right now. Right now, you need to think about getting a new job.

"Hey kids. Wanna go to the library with Mommy?" You ask.

Your kids smile and throw their brushes behind them. "YES!"

"Book?" Arlin asks while tugging on your shirt.

"Yes. We can get a book." You giggle.

Your kids always loved going to the library which is surprising considering how loud they are. You can understand Erik due to his ear problem. The library is the only quiet public place. You have to buy him some earplugs one of these days.

The put on their coats and boots. Kira tries to help Erik tie his by tugging on the laces. But after a while, he finally gets them tied. You all leave the house and head straight for the library. You begin thinking of what jobs you want to go into. There are so many options. And you need something that is able to pay enough to keep your family going. Jean can only help so much. You feel kind of bad for not letting him see the children he is kind of helping take care of. The problem is that Jean isn't right in the head anymore ever since he left. Those titans really screwed him up. Your children aren't ready to see that yet.

You finally reach the public library. This is Erik's favorite place. Proof? You look at him and his eyes sparkle at the big building just full of books. Whenever he's excited, he does a little booty wiggle and rocks on his heels. You take them inside. Erik heads straight for the dog books. Maybe he wants to find a book to train dogs. Arlin has to stay with you since you don't really trust him alone. Yes, he'll follow Erik but he can only put up with his complaining so much.

"We'll look at the books after Mommy gets done with the computer." You tell him.

You sit down on front of one with Arlin in your lap. He helps you sign into it. You try to figure out which new job you want.