FOUR

FOUR;
THE HARDING CHARM

+++

PETER WAS THANKFUL TO HAVE MAY AS HIS GUARDIAN. She excitedly allowed him to go to Mr. Stark's field trip, even though it was a fat lie, since they actually never left the city. At least not until they could find Cassie, that was his condition.

"Wake up, Spider-Boy." Peter was abruptly woken up by Tony pulling the covers away from his body. "It's a new day!" He groaned, covering his face with his long hands as soon as the man opened the curtains. "Get ready and meet me at the penthouse." With that, he was out of the room.

Peter rolled out of his bed and took the card from inside his wallet, his eyes scanned it as a smile crept onto his features. His thumb brushed the messy handwriting and exhaled deeply, he was ready to start the stressful day. But the hopefulness clung to him as he walked around the room.

He quickly showered and put on some random clothes from inside his bag, he shoved the card inside the pocket of his jacket and walked out of the room. Looking around the hall, he aimlessly paced around to find Mr. Stark's penthouse but stopped abruptly at the sight of Pietro Maximoff at the end of the corridor.

"Parker," He called out, forcing Peter to look at his blue eyes. "Where are you going?"

"Mr. Stark told me to meet him in, uh—" He frowned, looking around.

"Follow me." He ordered and turned around to walk, Peter reluctantly trailed behind him. "I know you hate me."

"I—I don't hate you," The boy sighed, looking directly at the silver-haired boy. "I—I'm sorry if I was rude."

"I know you have a thing for little Cassie." Peter noted the way he said Cassie's name, with such compassion and love that made him lightly jealous. "And I have to tell you that if we find her, you have to be careful with her." Pietro stopped walking, making Peter do it as well.

"What do you mean?"

"You don't know what those people do to their recruits?" Pietro questioned, looking at the boy with raised eyebrows. "Torture."

"She's been tortured?" Peter's lower lip trembled. The pure thought of Cassie screaming and crying caught his mind and made his hands shake. "But—She can't—Why would they do that?"

"They are evil." Pietro stated, exhaling deeply. "I will never forgive myself for not coming back for them."

"Them?"

"Little Cassie and Charlie, of course." The silver haired-boy mumbled. "Seriously, kid, you sure you knew her?"

"She—She never told me she had a brother." He stammered, shoving his hands inside the front pockets of his jeans. "She was a very private person."

"I know." The Sokovian boy nodded. "Let's go. They must be waiting for us." He signalled the teenager to follow him, this time Peter didn't hesitate to do it.

"Does she—Does she got a power? Like you and your sister?" He couldn't stop himself from asking.

"I don't think so. Before we left, her body wasn't responding to the treatments." He explained, stopping in front of a big door, Peter noticed the sadness in his eyes. "Enough chit-chat, let's get to business."