ELEVEN

ELEVEN;
DAMSEL IN DISTRESS PT.2

+++

PETER FLEW AWAY WITH A SCREAM, and Cassie gasped loudly. She walked outside the airport with her mouth opened, and Bucky and Sam trailing behind her with frowns.

Her brown eyes searched rigorously for the red and blue suit somewhere around the airport, but she couldn't see it. Instead, she saw a big, white truck flying to her direction. She gasped and tried to run, but the truck was too close now, and she felt like her body was paralyzed.

She closed her eyes and covered her body with her arms, waiting for the agonizing pain and death, but it didn't. Her eyes opened, and she gasped at the sight of a force shield around her. Pietro looked at her with wide eyes as the blood from her nose stained her suit, and a hand appeared in her sight.

"Are you okay?" She looked up to see Tony or Iron Man, looking down at her. "That was amazing."

"I–Uh," Cassie really tried to stand up, but her body wasn't responding. "I–It hurts." Panic took over her words as she spoke.

"Cassie!" Pietro run to her and her widen eyes meet his. "You can make force shields!–What's wrong?"

"Take her somewhere safe." Tony ordered and flew away, Pietro looked down at the vulnerable girl and picked her in his strong arms. "Now!"

"Why did I accept to bring you along?" He angrily muttered, placing her in a safe place. "Don't move." He ordered.

"I–It's not like I can." Cassie weakly retorted, making the boy grin. Then, he disappeared from her sight and only leaving blue and silver light behind.

Cassie rested her aching head against one of the walls and tried to calm her breathing, but the headache was strong enough to force her keep still and hidden from the fight. Her eyes scanned the scene, people were fighting and throwing punches everywhere, and her heart started pounding in her chest. She was angry because she couldn't do anything.

A loud gasp escaped her lips when she caught the sight of Steve and Peter fighting, with the little strength she had left, Cassie stood up and tried to run to their direction and stop them from killing each other.

"Watch out!" She yelled as soon as a big block fell over the boy, Cassie raised her hand to make a force shield around him, but something else happened.

The block floated away from him, and the girl gasped at the sight. She felt the sticky sensation of the blood dripping from her nostrils, and her knees began to shake, she perfectly knew she was overusing her powers, and she was now paying the consequences.

"Cassie!" Peter yelled, approaching to her with such speed, for a second she thought it would be Pietro. "Are you okay?" He kneeled next to her fragile body. "God, you're bleeding."

"I–I'm okay." The brunette exhaled deeply, but groaned at the pain in her head. "Alright, maybe I'm not." Peter chuckled lightly.

"Stay here. Don't do anything stupid." He rolled up his mask a little to his lips and placed a soft kiss on her forehead, then stood up. "I'll be back for you in a moment!" He turned around and ran to meet the others. 

Cassie rested her head on the solid floor full of dirt and closed her eyes to try and ease the pain, to forget about it. But every time she closed her eyes, she saw Charlie, and that was as painful as what she was feeling in that moment.

"Holy shit!" Her head snapped to Peter, but her chocolate eyes widened at the sight in front of her.

Scott Lang was huge, really huge. Something she didn't know he could do, everyone tried to fight him, but his height made it difficult for them to fight him. Well, Peter tried to web him, but it had his consequences.

"Do you know that movie?" He yelled. "Empire Strikes Back?" Cassie scoffed and rested her back on the ground again, a loud groan escaped her swollen lips as she closed her eyes.

"Cassie! Come here!" Charlie yelled from the living room.

The brunette closed her notebooks and placed them on her old desk to meet her older brother in the living room. She smiled softly at the sight of him jumping excitedly on the couch and the Star Wars theme song echoing in apartment.

"Let's see it!" He ordered, making the girl roll her eyes. "Hey! I always watch Harry Potter with you!"

"Alright! Geez, don't get your pants in a twist." Cassie smiled, plopping herself in the couch next to Charlie.

"Cassie! Did you see that?" Peter's voice made her snap out of her thoughts to look at him flying around Scott. "That was awesome!" He raised his arm.

"Peter!" The brunette yelled but it was too late.

Her breath hitched when she saw Scott's gigantic hand hitting Peter and sending him away, he collapsed on a pile of boxes. Cassie gulped when she heard his body hitting the floor with a loud thud.

"Oh, God." She chewed her lower lip as she shakily stood up and walked to him with slow but decisive steps.

She watched as Tony landed in front of him, and she tried to quick up her pace, but her legs weren't cooperating. As soon as the man flew away, she fell next to him with heavy breathing.

"Are you okay?" She breathed out, looking at him with preoccupation.

"Everything hurts." He groaned, hugging his sides. Cassie smiled faintly.

"Now who's the damsel in distress?"