THIRTY ONE

THIRTY-ONE;
SPIDERLING

IT WAS PAST MIDNIGHT when Peter and Cassie stumbled into the living room of the penthouse at the top of the tower. The adults were calmly planning their move to bring Charlie back when they watched the pair walking in laughing and holding hands.

Tony arched an eyebrow with amusement as they admired the teenagers chatting and completely ignoring them. It wasn't until Pietro cleared his throat that their heads snapped to them. Blushing and trying to ignore the adults looking at them with crocked eyebrows and smirks, they walked out of the room with their fingers still intertwined. Cassie handed Peter his suit and the boy looked down at her with lovingly eyes.

"I have to go." He mumbled, smiling down at the brunette. "You know, someone has to look for this city." They chuckled.

"Okay." Cassie nodded, smiling too. "I'll see you tomorrow?"

"Of course." Peter smiled, placing a piece of hair behind her ear. "I'll stop by at 9. We can go out and do something, what do you think?" The confidence took over him.

The brunette to quirked an eyebrow. "I'd like that." She nodded, kissing the corner of his lip quickly. "See you tomorrow." She turned around to walk to her room, until something dragged her back to the boy. "Did you just use your webs on me, Spiderling?" Peter smiled.

"I didn't wait almost a year for you to tease me like that." He said and kissed her plump lips gently. Cassie felt herself melting at the action, and broke away with a faint blush in her cheeks. "See ya', Cass."

"Bye, Pete." She nodded and watched him walk away, she exhaled dreamily and walked into her room.

+++

Cassie placed the necklace and bracelets on her vanity and glanced back at the beautiful dress laid on her bed. She smiled and looked at her reflection back again, the makeup had been removed and she had showered to celebrate the victory of finally confessing her true feelings for Peter.

With her fluffy, Star Wars socks, she walked outside her room and towards the kitchen, where most of the adults were gathered around. The brunette smiled at them and silently took a box of cereal and a bowl. Tony arched an eyebrow as he and the others looked at her with amusement.

The silence caught her attention. "What?" Cassie asked, pouring the milk in the bowl. The others looked away and tried to keep their previous conversation.

"I see you finally confessed him your feelings." Pietro mumbled, sitting on a stool next to her. She looked at him with a faint blush. "You did, right?"

"Well," She shrugged, playing with the spoon. "It wasn't like I was planning to, the words just came out." Wanda smiled and rested her chin in her hands.

"What about Harry?" She asked, frowning.

"He was being a dick." She simply explained, looking back at them with a half-smile. "Like always." She added in a slow voice.

"Like always?" Tony repeated, unfolding his arms and a glimpse of anger flickering in his brown eyes.

"Let's just say Harry and I are not in, well, good terms." Cassie shrugged, but the others looking at her with expectation made her sigh deeply and leave the bowl aside. "When I was 15, he asked me out and I said yes. But I didn't remember that Pete and I had to do a project for the science fair, so I kind of... stood him up."

        "He's just angry, then?" Tony laughed, taking a sip of his bottle of water.

        "And he said dumb rumours that I cheated on him with Peter and other silly things, when in reality, it was him who was seeing another girl besides me." The brunette laughed bitterly, remembering how flushed her best friend was when he heard the rumors. "It was more scandalous the fact that Peter had sex before Flash than me cheating on Harry. Either way, people talked."

"I hate him." Pietro angrily mumbled, pinching the bridge of his nose. "He hurt you and–"

"Hey, it's okay." She sent him a reassuring smile. "It was long ago but you know, the fact that he did that still bugs me." She smiled and took the bowl in her hands. "I'm tired. I'll go to bed."

"Oh, yeah." Wanda snorted. "Kissing Peter must be really tiring."

"Shut up, Maximoff." Cassie laughed and walked into her room, where her phone was buzzing.

pete 🕷
you looked really really beautiful tonight
well
more beautiful than always
anyway
goodnight beautiful

Cassie smiled happily and snuggled inside her covers. She never felt so happy and completed in her life, she almost forgot about Charlie and her plan to get him to remember her.