birthday girl.

This is just a little something I wrote for myself on my birthday, which was earlier this month. I figured I'd share it, though, because I liked it.

---

"Happy birthday to me." you sang to yourself, smiling.

You stood in front of the stove, flipping a few pancakes and swaying your hips to the music coming from the radio. It was a surprisingly hot day, so you were wearing a tank top and a pair of boxers that you'd stolen from your boyfriend.

You grabbed a handful of chocolate chips from the bowl beside the stove and sprinkled some into the pancakes, then put the rest in your mouth. You giggled to yourself, licking the excess chocolate off of your fingers.

Suddenly, you felt a pair of hands on your waist and you jumped slightly. You turned to see Avi standing behind you, chuckling quietly. He moved your hair away from your neck and pressed a soft kiss to your skin.

"Happy birthday." he said quietly.

"I didn't expect you to be awake." you admitted. "I was going to wake you up once I was done making breakfast."

"Why are you making breakfast on your birthday? Shouldn't I be doing that?" he asked.

"Well, if I had waited for you to wake up, it probably would have been a lunch instead. Plus, I was in the mood for a nice breakfast, and it's not a big deal if I cook it myself."

"If you say so."

You tried to focus on cooking your pancakes as Avi's hands travelled over your body. He ran his fingers through your hair, then down your side, until he pushed a hand under the waistband of the boxers that you were wearing, softly rubbing his thumb against your hip.

"If you keep this up, I'm going to end up burning these pancakes. Or myself." you said, your voice shaking slightly.

"We can always make more later." he whispered in your ear, making you shiver.

"I'm not doing this right now, Avi." you chuckled, wiggling out of his grasp.

He moved away from you and leaned against the counter beside the stove. He grabbed a handful of the chocolate chips and dumped them into his mouth, smiling innocently. You rolled your eyes.

"What are you talking about?" he asked, his mouth full. "I'm not trying to do anything."

"Yeah, right." you laughed, messing up his hair.

You could see him frown through the strands hanging down in front of his face. He brushed his hair back once again, shaking his head, then reaching down and messing your hair up so it was all in your face.

"You're such a pain in the ass sometimes, you know that?" you asked.

"I know." he shrugged. "But you love me."

"Sometimes." you replied. "Now, go grab me that plate. The pancakes are done."

He grabbed the plate that was sitting on the counter and handed it to you. You piled the pancakes onto the plate, then divided them between the two of you. The two of you went into the living room and sat down on the couch, turning on some cartoons.

The two of you mostly ate in silence, though Avi insisted on feeding you a few times. He probably thought it was cute, but you just felt awkward. Once the two of your were finished, you put your plates down on the coffee table and laid your head in Avi's lap.

"So, what's the plan for today?" he asked, brushing his fingers through your hair.

"I don't know." you shrugged. "Maybe a Game of Thrones marathon, definitely some pizza later on, and Mitch told me that he wants to go out drinking tonight to celebrate."

"Sounds good to me." he replied. "But I do have one more suggestion for something to do."

"Oh yeah? What's that?"

He slowly leaned down and pressed his lips against yours, his long hair tickling your face. You grabbed the back of his neck with one hand while twirling his hair in your fingers of the other. You felt his tongue slowly work its way into your mouth, causing you to moan quietly. After a moment, he pulled away from you.

"So, what do you think?" he asked, putting his hand on your face and softly dragging his thumb over your lower lip.

"Hm...well, I suppose we do have a little bit of time that we can waste. I don't mind missing an episode or two of Game of Thrones."

He smiled, "Perfect, then let's get to it."