I

A/N: yes I realize I should be continuing other stories instead of writing new ones but I have so much writers block with some things that I cannot physically function so instead I bring a titanic AU that nobody asked for but I will write anyway.

Some diagrams to make things a little less confusing when I'm talking about ship stuff

•  •  •
He stood with his feet planted firmly on the ground, although he felt dizzy. A huge ship loomed over him, one that he'd be boarding in only a few short minutes. The golden words that were scrawled across the side read 'Titan' in golden and glorious lettering that caught the sunlight just enough for it to blind him. She had been given her name because of her claim to be unsinkable, which brought an odd sense of peace and security into his heart to know that he'd be safe. His bags were hanging by his side on the pavement of the sidewalk as the incredibly large crowd was gathered. The bridge was lowered and people were allowed to take their first steps onto the ship that was now a legend. He almost jumped out his skin when he felt a tap on his shoulder, having been so amazed and inthralled by the beauty before him.

"Erwin, are you ready?" His father asked.

They had managed to get a ticket onto this magnificent marvel because Erwin's father was great, maybe even best, friends with the captain who was able to get them on the ship free of charge. It was a vacation of sorts, his father had said and Erwin believed him. It was an escape from all the crazy and wild events that the summer brought with it. Although it also meant that Erwin would be leaving his friends behind for a number of weeks and that made a sense of uneasiness settle in the pit of his stomach. A fear almost.

"Ready as I'll ever be, I suppose." He answered with a smile. His father smiled back and made his way to merge with the crowd that was boarding the ship. Erwin followed.

The wooden bridge was made of wood and the clacking and clicking of boots and heels walking upon it was louder than anything Erwin had ever heard before. It made his ears ring and he was surrounded by people on all sides. Some men, some women, and some children. Erwin was focused on not losing track of where his father was for he trusted him to lead the way. People were pushing him and shoving him in all different directions and he was getting dizzy from all the moving. The crowd moved like a wave, fast and strong, with power.

He was overly relieved when he finally stepped foot on the ship. The wooden boards she was made out of clicked under the heels of his dress shoes as he walked to the side to look off at the crowd below. They looked like ants and out of the corner of his eye Erwin noticed a woman running through the crowd to the edge of the dock. The woman looked up at stared at him and Erwin recognized her. It was his fiancé, Marie. It was an arranged marriage, him being the young son of a wealthy businessman and her being just plain wealthy. She came from a rich family, was born in to it. When he was born his fathers business was already popular so one could say that he was born in to it as well but he'd like to think that he wasn't.

He didn't mind that he'd be married to Marie, she was beautiful after all. Her long, flowing, chocolate brown hair was cut to her shoulder blades. It flowed in the wind like the fall leaves in autumn. A light dusting of freckles covered her cheeks which stood out on her pale skin. Her body had subtle curves that one couldn't see at a distance. Her most striking feature was her eyes, a light blue that was more brilliant than his own. It was an unnatural colour and yet it made her all the more beautiful.

He took the hat off his head and waved it at her, leaning over the railing of the ship to stand on one foot. She held her hands out with a smile on her lips. Erwin was surprised to see her there, seeing as she normally avoided large crowds, and it warmed his heart to know that she was there to see him off. He hesitated a moment before he let go of the hat and watched as it floated down through the blue sky, right into her arms.

A large horn broke the cheering and casted goodbyes that rang through the the air. With a slight jerk, the ship started moving and the bridge that connected them from land had been raised.

And so, Erwin Smith, age 17, boarded the great ship. The RMS Titan.