One: First Day 'Home'

The car pulled up to the driveway of the new house. Reluctantly, I dragged myself from my seat and up to the door, slinging my bag over my shoulder and my suitcase rolling behind me.

This wasn't one of those cheesy movies where your parent brought you with them on a business trip or where you came here to find love in the city of love. This was simply the life of a girl who preferred her old house over this one. This small, two story house.

I mustered up some courage. I unlocked the house with some keys my mom gave me. I stepped inside.

It was roomy. To the left, a living room. To the right, a kitchen. Forwards, a sunroom. In the corner, a spiral staircase, leading upstairs to what I suspected was the bedrooms and washroom.

I walked up the stairs, and began poking around.

First room was the master bedroom. I'm leaving that for mom. Next room was the washroom. There was another, smaller room, which looked to be about the size of a nursery. And the last room was this wide, spacious room, with a balcony.

I walked into the middle of the room, and sat down, cross legged. I looked around. The room was painted a pale grey. The windows were big. The French doors that led to the balcony let in loads of natural light. There was a walk in closet close to the door.

I decided to set up camp. I pulled out a sleeping bag, because the beds won't come until tomorrow. A couple pillows that were in my suitcase were flattened, which upset me. How could I get my beauty sleep if my pillows are as flat and compressed as a stone slate? An extra blanket was also tucked away, which I didn't remember packing. Thanks mom. And finally, a small box, which houses my secret.

I'm a miraculous user.

It's a pretty big deal, but I wasn't as big of a deal as the legendary miraculous holders, Ladybug and Chat Noir. Of course, my fame had heightened before I'd left. I sighed, and opened the box.

Tripp was glaring at me. He was a lightning bug kwami. He was completely pitch black, but in the dark, his eyes glowed. He could also light up his hands and feet at will, which I personally thought was pretty cool.

(Horrible drawing I know I'm sorry)

He folded his little arms. "Food." He demanded.

I chuckled, rolling my eyes and digging around in the backpack. I soon fished out a pouch of dried fruits. He took it from me, and pulled out a dried mango. He chomped down on it.

"Sho..." He said with his mouth full. "Wha aw we gonn do know?"

I gazed at him. "The normal routine, I suppose."

He nodded. "Even with this new school?" He swallowed the last of his mango.

"Especially with this new school." I said, fiddling with my miraculous. It was a moonstone necklace. It glistened gently in the natural light pouring from the several glass windows.

 It glistened gently in the natural light pouring from the several glass windows

"Y/N?" My mom called.

I sighed. "I just got comfortable..."

Tripp laughed. "Let's go! Let's go!"

I rolled my eyes at him, and walked out of the room and back down the stairs. My mom was in the kitchen, poking around the appliances and such.

"Go outside and explore, why don't you?" She said, opening the stainless steel fridge.

I whined in response.

"Come on, (Y/n)! We're in the city of love! Go find yourself a date." She wiggled her eyebrows.

I crinkled my nose in response. "Ew. No. The outdoors suck. Let me stay."

"No." She chuckled. "Go."

I sighed in defeat. I placed my keys and phone into my pocket, and exited the house, with Tripp hiding in the hood of my sweater.

A/N:
Hello, tiny puff balls. This is my first 'x reader', so be patient with me please. I'll try really hard! Okay. Be free, little puff balls.