Twenty-Six: Mr. Pigeon (The Name Is Hilarious Enough)

"Up! UP UP UP!" I yelped, grabbing Adrien and Nino and dragging them away before Feather Man saw us.

I scooped up my bag on the way out. I followed Adrien, who hid me in the kitchen, while he dragged Nino off somewhere else. I waited until their voices faded, then let Tripp out of the bag.

"I swear, we never get a break–" He whined.

"Tripp, wings out!" I said anxiously.

He complained again, and was absorbed into my necklace. Bam! Alter ego in seconds!

I raced out of the kitchen and jumped out of the nearest broken window.

Pro tip: Don't do this at home. Be smart, for once, for me. Pls.

I landed on the pavement, and spread my wings and hovered over the gate. The moment I landed, Thunder appeared beside me.

"So." He said, giving me an explain-now kind of look.

"Shush, child. We need to get rid of akuma dude." I said. He frowned at me. I smacked him on the shoulder. "I'm fine, bro. Nothing happened to me."

"I was worried–" He began.

"Hello!" Chat Noir landed in front of us. "Lovely day, yeah?"

"How cheerful." I grumbled.

Chat and Thunder fist bumped. The bromance meter it going up.

Ladybug appeared seconds later. "Hello." She said, directly to me, ignoring Thunder and Chat altogether.

"Greetings." I gave her a nod and a smile. "Plan?"

"I thought that you'd have one." She said with a smile.

I shrugged. "We're out of luck in my department."

"There's nothing in your department, Flame." Thunder stated.

I had the sudden urge to tackle him.

"Let's not insult each other in a scene–"

"MWAHAHAHAHA!" The mega bird man was here... riding on some... pretty unmega birds...

"Thank you!" Thunder called.

"What?" The man stopped.

Chat sneezed. Thunder and I turned to him with questionable looks. He gave us a sheepish grin. "Allergic to feathers."

"That's so useful." I muttered. "Just what we need."

He shrugged. "Can't help it, Firefly."

I wanted to tackle him too.

"Calm down, young one." Thunder had sensed my raw anger.

"I'm only an hour younger than you!" I yelled. He laughed. Then birds rained from the sky and surrounded us.

I shrieked, my lights flashing a bright scarlet and yellow orange. Anger and confusion. "OW! OW! WATCH THE WINGS! HOW WOULD YOU LIKE IT IF I SCRATCHED YOURS!?"

"I AGREE WITH SIS IN THIS ONE!" Thunder caked through the birds flapping and screeching. "WATCH THE LEGS! ARE WE FLYING!?"

"Yep!" Ladybug had a more subdued yell. "We've dealt with this guy before! He's called Mr. Pigeon!"

"WHAT KIND OF NAME IS THAT!?" I yelped as a bird dug its claws into my face. I swatted it away.

Chat sneezed in agreement as Ladybug shrugged.

Suddenly, we plummeted through the sphere of pigeons, and landed in a squirming pile of 'Ow's, 'Watch it's, and sneezes. Then a cage dropped over us with a loud metallic sound. I shuddered at the volume.

"Hand over the miraculous's or my pigeons will commence fire!" I looked around, my ears still ringing, and I saw that all the birdies tushies were aimed at us.

Thunder and I broke into a fit of laughter as Lady and Chat groaned. My lights changed from red and orange to a joyful pink and yellow. They flashed gleefully, causing Chat and Lady to cover their eyes.

"What's so funny!?" Mr. Pigeon cried.

"Sorry, sorry!" Thunder exclaimed. It took me a couple more seconds to relax, before calling out, "Please, continue!"

"As I was–"

Thunder snorted, and we burst into another fit of giggles. We both had to sit down so we wouldn't collapse out front. Oh gods. These guys just kept getting more and more insane. The fashion statement didn't improve, either.

"CAN YOU PLEASE STOP!?" The bird bellowed. I had to slam a hand over Thunder's mouth to hush him.

"This guy means business." I said to him, pulling my hand away.

He nodded with a grin. "How 'bout you show him business?" He asked smugly.

"What an excellent idea, brother."

"No problem, sister."

"Just cut *achoo!* to the chase!" Chat whined.

I snapped my fingers, keeping my eyes on pigeon man. I smirked. "Lights out."