Fourteen: News Report

I sat up. I had been relocated to the couch. I saw my bro lounging on a chair near by. The television was on.

"It looks like Ladybug and Chat Noir, Paris's heroes, were replaced just last night during a fight with a villain called Evillustrator." The handsome reporter... well... reported. "Two other heroes have joined the fray to protect this monumental city."

"Very dramatic." I muttered.

"The heroine calls herself Firefly, and when we look into her records, we see that the other hero is called Thrip. They appear to be siblings, but not much else is known about these mysterious heroes."

"Do you think they'll suspect us?" He asked me. I shrugged.

"Last night, on the scene, the two original heroes explained the trail of events." The man said.

It then cut to a clip of Chat and Lady.

"We don't know much about the beautiful-OW! Firefly." Chat said. He'd been smacked by Ladybug on the backside of the head. "We know even less about this Thrip guy. All we know is that they lost then found each other." Ladybug interjected.

We glanced at each other.

"Can you tell us where they are now?" A reporter asked. "They had to go take care of some other business, which we have sworn to keep private." Ladybug lied quickly. Chat nodded.

The clip ended, and bro turned the t.v off.

"You've got school, right?" He asked.

I shook my head. "The nurse said that I should stay here for a couple days, and she said that... Someone would come in the morning..." I shot up. "Oh my gods! I've got to pack-"

"Chill, (Y/n). I've got some stuff figured out. Everything's in line, currently. We're allowed to stay for a few days."

I relaxed. "How did you manage to do this?"

He shrugged. "I guess that I'm a very lucky bug."

I chuckled, then frowned. "Where's Tripp? And Russ?" Russ was his kwami.

He pulled out a box, filled with soft towels and torn clothing. "Made for comfier transport. The two fell asleep after a talk and reunion."

I saw the two kwamis nestled together, and giggled. "Cute."

"I know. I fed the two of them. He still likes dried stuff?" He asked.

"Oh, shut up, Jace." I snapped, with a hint of amusement. "Yours likes meats?"

"It's so expensive." He whined.

I laughed. "Hey, mine consumes more."

"Ha! That makes things so much better." Despite his sarcasm, he looked smug.

I pouted.

"Aaaawwwweeee! Poor baby gonna cry me a river? Just build a bridge and get over it." He grinned.

I frowned at him. "My tsunami of tears will break those bridges and drown you're soulless husk of a body." I said bluntly.

"Remind me not to mess with water benders." He grinned at his reference. I gave him a frownier frown.

"So, how's—" Jace was cut off by a phone ringing.

I pulled mine out of my pocket, and answered. "Hello?"

"Is this (Y/n)?" The voice asked, sounding breathless.

"Adrien? Who else would it–"

"It's your mom. They got her heart beating again."