Thirty-Three: Difference

I could feel the difference right away.

My suit was still black, but it has scales. Almost like lizard skin in a way. I had a sharp trail of spikes on my spine, that led to a long tail, that ended in a whip thin point. I still had wings, bat like in structure, but they fit me perfectly. I realized that I still had glowing bits, but they were scattered about randomly, almost like stars. I saw that I had long, curved metal claws that I could sheath and unsheathe on my gloves. My boots were two toed, separating my big toe from the rest. There was something like a velociraptor claw that sat on the side of each ankle, and with a single thought they sprung forwards.

If all this wasn't enough, there were two daggers that clung to my arms, that could shoot forwards into my hands. They were made of light, just like the arrows to my bow.

I noticed that my eyes also glowed, because the light caught my eyelashes and nose faintly. The glow was blue. Also, I realized that my sight was sharper. I could see almost everything in focus.

This was probably the most is taken in within ten seconds. I yelped, and stumbled back. My tail whipped out trying to balance me out, but that failed. I landed on the ground with a loud thud.

My wings made a scraping sound, along with my claws, which I promptly sheathed.

I snapped my bracelet onto my wrist.

I took a deep breath, and stood up. My tail lashed, balancing me out. I instinctively opened my wings, and took off.

You see, I've never actually flown before, I've hovered, so the way I shot into the sky at such a fast pace made me want to pass out. I kept my cool. For once.

My wings straightened, and caught the wind current. I could see the entire city of Paris from my hight. I spun around in complete awe. I could never do this as Firefly.

But who was I now?

I snapped back into focus, and turned towards the Eiffel Tower. There was smoke and dust rising from that area. I could sense that they were on the first level of the Tower. Like, legitimately sense.

I had to seriously sort all of this out later.

I flew over with ease, catching a wind current to get me there faster. When I got there, I stopped and hovered there for a moment.

Rubble was everywhere. Some buildings were reduced to a pile of bricks and wall. I could see the dust rising, and there was smoke, telling me that there was a fire or multiple fires somewhere. My eyes stung.

I circled up above, searching for a place to land.

While I looked, I saw that there was a strange person in a black suit, their back facing the three heroes, who were on their knees with their hands tied behind their backs. Thunder had his hands folded, his chin high. Chat had his head down, but his hands balled into fists. Ladybug sat there unmoving. She looked ultimately defeated.

I decided to cling onto one of the legs on the level they were on, so I could stay out of sight but still hear what was going on.

I silently glided down, and gripped onto the metal bars on the exterior of the tower, and I immediately heard the person talking.

"When Firefly comes, I'll have all of your miraculous stones, and no one would be able to stop me." A strange voice said pleasantly. Definitely male. Definitely someone I didn't know.

"My sister isn't an idiot. She won't come." Thunder stated blandly. I saw that he'd somehow gotten his hands on some gum, which he was chewing quite obnoxiously.

I bit back a retort.

"And if she doesn't? What will happen to all of you?" The man asked smoothly.

"I was kind of hoping that you'd let us go." Chat muttered.

"Ha ha–" Thunder snapped his gum, interrupting the man. "No, little kitten. You will stay right here."

"NO!" Ladybug cried, so suddenly I almost fell from my hiding place. My tail lashed. "You can't do that! This is illegal!"

"And you think that he cares?" I heard Thunder snap. Ladybug lapsed into silence.

"Do you think that she won't actually come?" Chat murmured. He actually sounded worried.

"If she does I'll kill her." Thunder growled.

I took that as a chance to show myself.

I flew out from my hiding place, and landed in between the strange man and the heroes.

I grinned. "You'll pay for my funeral, right?"

The three of them stared at me, their eyes wide. They looked horrible. Matted hair, bruises, scrapes, cuts, gashes, and band aids decorated them.

"W-who...?" Chat asked.

I did a deep bow. "It's nice to re-meet you guys." I stood up straight. "I'm Firefly 2.0."

Thunder rose an eyebrow.

I rose my hands in exasperation. "Give me time, okay!? I just changed five minutes ago!"

I thought for a moment. "I'm not an idiot, by the way."

He frowned at me. Ladybug looked almost desperate. Chat chuckled.

I turned around, facing the dude in the black clothing, my claws sheathing.