Thirty-One: School

I stood at the edge of the grounds, wavering for a moment before walking inside. Thunder normally walked with me, but I guessed that he was napping in some deserted alleyway due to his battle he had last night.

How did I know if I didn't watch the news? Tripp told me about the akumas presence. Mom said something about a 'Copy Cat'.

I reached the doors, and took a deep breath. I slipped into the school, seeing that it was empty. I must have been late.

I slowly went to my locker, ignoring at how drenched I was, and tugged at the lock, before doing the combination. I finally opened it, with a loud squeaking noise.

Tripp gave me another anxious twinge.

I pulled out my books and put my bag inside, closing the locker with a loud metallic bang. I winced, as I didn't mean to do that.

Silly me. Ha ha.

I shuffled to class, and slowly opened the door. The teacher stopped their lesson, and silence fell. Everyone's eyes were on me. Probably because I looked horrible.

"Sorry. I guess that I'm late. Wasn't looking at the time." I said quietly.

"Quite alright, quite alright. Go sit next to Nathaniel, please. He'll fill you in on what we're doing." The teacher explained.

I nodded, and quickly hurried to my spot, sliding into the seat next to Nathan.

He looked at me up and down for a moment, then slid me a paper. I stared at it for a moment, before realizing that it was notes that he'd been taking. I glanced over at him, and saw the exact same notes on another paper.

I realized that he's been doing that for me. As if he knew I'd sit beside him.

"It's the least I can do for you," He whispered to me. "I saw that you weren't here, nor was your brother, so I recorded notes for the two of you to share."

I nodded, and gave him a weak smile. "Thanks... I'm sure that he'll be here any moment now..."

But he didn't come.

It was lunch, and Alya and Nino were on stand by. I noticed that Adrien and Marinette weren't accompanying them.

I decided to sit alone, and opened my lunch. A sandwich, a banana, a juice box. Thanks, mom.

Just before I could enjoy the small feast I had, Chloe decided to show up. Hooray. *Yawn*.

"Oh, look, miss (Y/n) is all alone. Where's Marinette? Or Adrien, hmmm? Where's my little Adrikins at?" She queried.

I shrugged. "Dunno."

"That's it? 'Dunno'? And what about that lovely brother of yours, hm?"

News flash: Chloe has a slight crush on my bro. When I say slight, I mean that I'm pretty sure that she has a large shrine for him in her expensive room. This annoys the hell out of me.

"Yes, I dunno. Leave me be." I muttered.

"Why? To brood?" She shrilled. Kids turned to look at us.

I frowned at her. "Lay off."

"You can't speak to me that way!" She yelled. "I'm the–"

"Go away, Chloe." Alya growled from behind her. "She's done nothing to you."

"Ugh!" She stormed away. What a weak fight. I sighed, and set my chin on the table.

"Dude, you've gotta stop beating yourself up." Nino said.

Tripp gave me a guilty prick.

"You don't understand." I muttered. "Please go away so I can brood in peace."

"We can't even tell you're joking anymore." Alya said, sitting down beside me. Nino sat beside her. They looked like concerned parents.

"That's because I'm not." I pointed out.

"Why, though?" Nino pushed.

"None of your business."

They both sighed in defeat.

Finally, Alya perked up. "Where's your brother?"

"I don't know."

They both looked frustrated, and promptly left me. Yay. I get to brood.

~Time skip brought to you by Author-Chan!~

I sat down in my room with a huff, and Tripp flew out. Sitting down beside me.

I turned the television on, and guess what? That's right. The flipping News Channel.

Before I could change, I saw something that made me want to be sick.

Explosions shook the camera, and a tattered looking reporter came into view. The Eiffel Tower was behind her.

"Ladybug, Chat Noir, and Thrip have all been captured by a villain more powerful than they've ever faced!" She yelled, as people ran screaming past her. "Firefly, if you're out there, you're our only hope!"

The screen went black.

Tripp and I looked at each other.