Six: New Everything, Basically

I woke up to Tripp screaming at my alarm clock, which was blaring at top volume. Don't ask me how he woke me and not the obnoxious beeping. You'll really never know. It'll remain a mystery.

I continued to get up (with a loud groan might I add) and get ready for my first day of school. This'll be so fun. Note the sarcasm.

I turned off my alarm, in which Tripp gave a mighty sigh of relief at. I walked to the bathroom, doing my morning routine. I paused at the mirror, and stared.

There was my face. My (e/c) eyes glittered from the light, my (h/l), (h/c) hair was slightly tangled. I brushed it out, and washed my face.

I changed into a hoodie and some jeans, pulling on some converse, which was always a battle.

I took out my bag, slipping my books and timetable in there, and a small pouch of dried fruit for Tripp. I walked downstairs, not in any hurry to get going.

I took out an apple, and bit into it. I savoured the taste for a few moments, then walked out the door. Mom had left early, by the looks of it. I wasn't worried.

Adrien's P.O.V

Everybody was whispering excitedly about the new student, which, I already met. Kids surrounded Alya and Nathaniel, who had appeared on her blog, asking them who this girl was like.

Chloe wasn't pleased. I kept my distance from her.

Once Alya was able to break away from the mob of kids, she joined Marinette under a tree. They smiled and chatted, and Alya showed Mari her phone, which probably had an update.

And then, whispers fell. I turned to see that (Y/n) was here. She looked really pretty. I sighed, but was snapped back to reality when Chloe flounced up to her.

(Y/n)'s P.O.V

I saw this coming from a mile away. Chloe walked up to me, her eyes glittering. Her facial expression said clearly, I'm better than all of you peasants.

Well, I wasn't a peasant, so I gave a small grin.

"Hello." I greeted. She sneered.

"What are you doing here!?" She screeched, slightly spitting in my face.

I decided to maintain my composure for the time being. "I'm going to get my education."

She gave an aggravated growl. "You'd better know where your place is."

I rose an eyebrow. "I do actually, know where my place is."

She smirked. "Then where is it?" She folded her arms. I leaned a little on a leg.

"Far away from you." I said pleasantly. I gave a wide smile.

"W-why, you—you-" She stuttered. Her skin was flushed. She clearly didn't know how to argue back. I'd won.

I walked past her, and up to the doors. I entered the school, and began my search for the classroom.

"Hey, girl!" I recognized that voice. I spun around, to see miss blogger herself jogging up to me, along with miss hopelessly in love.

"Hi." I said, and began walking once more, with them beside me.

"That was mega cool!" Alya exclaimed, though, I didn't really understand why she seemed so awed.

Marinette spotted my confusion. "Nobody stands up to Chloe and gets away with it."

I nodded. "You've told me this, back at that park."

"But nobody gets away with it twice!" Alya said. "At this rate, you'll be at the top of the pecking order."

I flinched. I knew that term almost too well. "There's a pecking order?" I hid my discomfort.

"Yeah, and Chloe's at the top of it."

I jumped at the new voice. Adrien and Nino strode up to us.

"And you're right next to her." Alya pointed out.

He looked a little awkward. "Well, it's not that I chose to be or anything.."

I smiled. "Everyone finds their place. I'll find mine eventually." I felt myself internally shudder at my words. I felt memories flood in, but I forced them back.

Grieve another day... I thought to myself.

"(Y/n)?" Adrien asked.

I blinked. "Sorry. Spaced out. As you were saying?"

"Do you know where class is?" He asked me. I hesitated, then shook my head. "I guess that I'll follow you guys around." I muttered.

"Don't worry, you'll get used to this place." Marinette said. She looked a little flustered. I could guess why.

"Alright! Let's go before the stampede comes." Nino joked.

I smiled, and walked with them to class.