Two: A Queen

I decided on a random direction and walked. I had my phone with me, so I could always call my mom if I got lost.

I hummed quietly, gazing around the houses. It was nice here, but it still wasn't home. I wished that we hadn't moved. Probably the only thing good about this move was that I got to skip school for a couple days.

I turned down the end of the road, this time walking beside a busy street. I listened to the cars woosh by in their little hurries to get to and from work. It was only ten in the morning. Why would they need to move so frequently?

After awhile, I somehow ended up in a park. It was pretty. It had so many types of flowers, and there were also some cherry blossom trees. The little petals danced around in the breeze. This place was so cliché.

After a little while of aimless wondering and puzzling over which flower was what, I finally sat down on a bench a little ways away from a fountain. I saw a little plaque, with a name and date and why this particular bench was dedicated to them. Honestly, I didn't want a bench in a park when I died. I wanted a temple. So mortals could worship me for my heroic death, because I wasn't going to die unless I was killed, I assure you.

I was torn from my thoughts when I saw an expensive looking girl running around the fountain with a sketchbook in hand, and a red headed boy chasing after her.

"Give it back!" The boy cried.

"No!" She snickered. Her face was caked in makeup, and she wore a very expensive bright yellow jacket. I could already tell that she seemed to be of some importance, because some kids around their age did nothing to help. That or unless those kids were a part of this girls little team.

I stood up, and waited for the girls next lap around the fountain. I then continued to snatch the sketchbook out of her hands. "I'll take this, thanks."

She stumbled, and so did the boy. I grabbed his arm and caught him before he fell. I can't say that I did the same to the girl, though.

I smiled to the boy, and handed him the book. "This is yours, correct?"

He nodded, looking bewildered. "Y-yeah. Thank you."

"No prob—"

"Excuse me!" The girl had gotten back up again. Her yellow jacket hurt my eyes. Her face did, too. Ew. I shuddered internally. "Do you know who I am?"

I smirked. "A bully?"

Several audible gasps were heard from the other teenagers in the area.

"Just who do you think you are!?" She screeched, getting up in my face.

"(Y/n) (L/n). Now, I don't appreciate this close proximity. Please step back so I don't breathe in the fumes of your excessive amount of cosmetics." I said, pushing her shoulders so she'd step back.

"How dare you speak to me in this way!" She screeched. "I'm the mayors daughter! He's the mayor!"

I saw the chance and took it. "And I'm a queen. That means I outrank both him and you."

She stomped her foot in rage, and stormed away, going off to assault somebody else's senses.

I watched her go. Ultimate satisfaction bubbled within me. I looked to the boy, but he looked completely flabbergasted. Flabbergasted. That's a word I need to use more often.

One of the teenagers split off from the small group, running over with her phone in hand, holding it selfie style. She seemed to be talking excitedly into it while she ran over, but I couldn't hear her words until she reached me and the boy. She had olive skin, and curly hair in a lovely gradient of auburn to a reddish orange.

"Hi! What's your name?" She asked me, the angling the phone to include me and the redhead in the shot.

I blinked. "(Y/n). (Y/n) (L/n)." I introduced.

"I'm Alya Césaire. Wave hello to my fans!" She smiled wide.

I did so, in complete confusion.

"So, Nathaniel, what did Ms. (Y/n) just do?" She asked the redhead.

Nathaniel. That's his name. I thought to myself.

"W-well, she just took my sketchbook back from Chloe, who stole it." He said shyly. I looked back to where the expensive girl had left. She, of course, wasn't there anymore.

"(Y/n)," She said, snapping me from my thoughts. "What was going through your head when you stood up to her?"

I didn't honestly know. "Um... That... She needed to stop?" I gave a sheepish grin.

The Alya girl chuckled. "She is the mayors daughter, you know."

"Well, she doesn't have the right to kick me out of the city, so I'm safe." I said with a shrug.

Alya smiled. "Alright! I'll end it here! Have a great day, my lovely fans!" She then pressed stop, and seemed to post it on some sort of blog.

Uh oh.