Chapter 8

2 weeks later .....

" so what are you going to do about employees cause you know business is going to start booming once you get celebs to come here" Paisley said to me.

" I don't know I need to start making flyers or something "

" right " she said agreeing with me

My phone started ringing which was weird because my family members know I'm at work. They only call for emergencies.

" hello "

" hey Breena can you please come to the house this is a emergency " Ms Lina said

" uh ok "

That was weird.

" who was that "

" that was Miss Lina, Jade's mom  "

" what's going on "

" I don't know she just wanted me to stop by her house , she said it was a emergency "

" can you watch the shop for me "

" yea girl I gotcha "

" ok thanks Paisley " I said leaving out

I hope everything is ok.

Once I got their I didn't see nothing out the norm.

I knocked on the door and Miss Lina opened it. She didn't look too good either.

" hey Bree I'm glad you could come " she said opening up the door wider for me to come in "

We walked to the living room where there was this white older lady and Jaysean sitting on the couch.

Ok what the hell is really going on.

I sat on the opposite end of him.

" Um Breena this Ms.Bethany from child protective services "

I raised my eyebrow

" I know you are curious about what's going on, well yesterday I went to the doctors office to see what was going on with me , I found out that I have stage four cancer "

" what " I said

This is not good at all first they lose their parents now their grandmother
has cancer.

Who is going to take care of them.

" now this is where Ms Bethany comes in for you guys "

" since I'm going to be going through chemo therapy really soon, someone needs to watch over June and Jason "

" so I looked at Victor and Jade's will to see that you guys names was in their , if anything were to happen to Victor and Jade they wanted y'all to take June and Jason in y'all care "

" wait let me get this straight you want us to take care of Jason and June "

" um yes pretty much "

" I'm sorry Miss Lina I-I can't do that I have football to worry about "

" what do you mean sweet heart this is in Victors will he would really trust you with June and Jason "

Jaysean continue to shake his head.

" you know what yo ass always run from your problems or responsibilities "

" yo Bree don't start this " he said massaging his head

" Why ! Cause you know it's the truth " I said standing up from the couch