CHAPTER 2

The alarm had been ringing for a few minutes for the 5th time already and the body lying comfortably on the bed still doesn't want to get up. He did wake up eventually, but solely for the reason that he'd snooze his digital clock and go back to sleep again.

Unintentionally, he looked at the time while he's still half asleep with drowsy eyes and what he saw woke him up completely and made him nervous. To make sure that his clock was right, he reached out for his phone, then it doomed into him.

He was 20 minutes late!

He got out of bed as quickly as he could, tossing his blanket unto the floor as he did, and went straight to open the door to shout for his mom to hear him.

"MOM! WHY DIDN'T YOU WAKE ME UP?" after doing so, he went back inside to prepare the fastest he can and by that, it means a preparation under 5 minutes.

As he was changing into his school uniform, he kept on telling himself how stupid he was.

"Stupid, stupid, stupid! Why did you even let yourself get tempted? Why did you watch those things even though you know that will keep you up at night? Why did you do that, you stupid human being?" he ranted to himself.

Okay, he wasn't like this most of the time. Really, he wasn't. He usually is sane. Trust me.

After looking into the mirror and deciding he was decent enough, he went downstairs, dashing, only to argue with his mom when he saw her at the kitchen counter.

"I am not the one who watched anime 'til morning, Na Jaemin," was his mother's reply to his statement earlier.

"I am your son! Why didn't you do me the favour of waking me up?" he defended as he hurriedly prepares a sandwich for himself. Even though he was late, going to school in an empty stomach just seemed like a bad idea.

"For you to take responsibility of your actions last night," his mother simply added as she took a sip from her coffee.

"Oh my god, mom! Are you happy I look like trash right now? You could have woken me up and just let me reflect on my actions later on tonight!"

"I told your brother to wake you up," she asserted as she went near him to at least soften his hair that's all over the place.

"So now you're telling me you did your part? Wow mom. You're such a good person," he replied with a tone of sarcasm.

"You're welcome," she smiled, dismissing her son's attempt of picking a fight with her entirely. "Now, go already. The driver's waiting for you; I already gave him instructions to drive you as fast as he could. Let's just continue this argument later. Bye sweetheart."

"Can't you take sarcasm?" disbelief can be heard on his voice.

"I do. But not taking you seriously is the best way of disregarding your sarcasms," she explained. "Just go already, time's ticking, you know."

"I hate you mom," was what he said yet he slightly bended down and gave his mother a soft kiss on her cheeks before he went outside.

There were only the three of them living on this big house of theirs at the moment, Jaemin's dad works overseas and isn't usually home most of the time, well, except during holidays. It may not seem like it but Jaemin really loves his mother very much, more than anything, more than his anime!

"I love you too. Be safe on your way to school," he heard his mother tell him but he wasn't able to answer back since he was running towards the car that been waiting for him.