CHAPTER 4

Acads got us stressed to the point that we don't get decent sleep anymore and we were only able to finish this chapter cause we had a one week break from school, all thanks to our uni's sports fest and halloween. This has been one hell of a chapter. Me and axidreinn are just glad its done with. Enjoy and comments are loved! ^^

Jeno leaned back against his chair, a soft huff escaped his lips as he looked up to the ceiling of his room, digesting the fact that he just finished another beautifully written book from his shelf, the imagery of the unforeseen ending still lingering in the back of his mind. He was in peace, in solitude, and surrounded by nothing but the endless pit of possibilities, of fancies he is confronted with when engrossed in reading. The latter really enjoyed quiet moments like this.

But... nothing lasts forever.

After some time, every thought he had about the book, even the most quotable lines the protagonist said immediately left him when a knock coming from outside his door distracted his usual train of thought.

He stared at the wooden door for a while, quite confused as to why would someone disturb him at – he glanced over the part of his room where a wall clock is conveniently hanged– 4:47 on a Saturday afternoon.

Curious for the reason of the sudden intrusion, he sighed.

"Do come in," he said loud enough to be heard from the other side of his room.

A familiar face of a middle aged man properly dressed in a tuxedo, wearing matching polished black shoes and white gloves on his hands had slowly opened the door and smiled apologetically at Jeno for the younger had an unpleased expression written on his face.

"Jeno, young sir, I'm sorry to disturb you, but you have visitors downstairs," told the head butler of their household after he bowed as a greeting.

He tilted his head to the side at the statement.

What visitors?

As he was about to speak his reply, he saw his best friend together with Chen Le and Winwin pepping from behind the butler's back, waving at him with wide smiles on their faces.

Oh, that visitors.

"Actually, we're already upstairs Mr. Lim. But thank you for going through the trouble of telling Jeno we're here." Mark sneered as he dodged the elder's rather large form and entered Jeno's room without notice and much care for he already felt at home, patting the older man's back lightly. Mr. Lim could only return the grin with a nod and a familiar smile. Mark was practically family after all.

Jeno sighed once again, shook his head before he smiled right after.

"Mr. Lim, thank you for informing me about this unannounced visit," he said, stressing the word 'unannounced' for his friends to hear. "Could you be kind enough to prepare some snacks for our guests here?

"Absolutely. I will tell the chef right away."

Jeno was satisfied. He nodded his head. "Thank you Mr. Lim. You may go now," he told the man politely, showing his gratitude for what he had done for him.

Mr. Lim bowed again before he took his exit, leaving the four to themselves as he quietly closed the door behind him.

And as by cue, Chen Le rushed and dropped himself into Jeno's kings' sized bed in one nook of the room. It was the first thing he saw in the room and was tempted to dump his body on it the minute he laid his sights on it.

"So soft," the youngest purred as he buried himself into the soft mattress and mountains of pillows that Jeno had.

"Yah Lele, you'll get your outfit all crooked," Mark scolded the younger. But Chen Le didn't listen, enjoying the softness and the apparent vanilla scented fragrance of the sheets beneath him.