Chapter 9

My First and Last MV is out and yeah, we're damn proud of our boys.

This was honestly sort of heart breaking to write because we terribly miss Nana. TT And since he'll be missing out on the promotions, we felt the need to finish this as soon as possible. Be strong Jaeno/Nomin shippers! TT

Anyway, comments and votes are much loved. Please do leave comments (we live for comments, it motivates us more to hurry up writing lol) And please do enjoy this chapter!

--

"I'm sorry, man, but I have plans today," was what Mark said the next day when Jeno asked his best friend if he could stay with him until he was sure that his parents had left for the airport, hoping that the older would agree. "Teacher Kim has asked me to stay behind later. Something about the dance routine for the festival he's been pestering me nonstop to choreograph."

"You could just say that you're going somewhere with Donghyuck later, I won't get mad if you tell me the truth," Jeno answered stoically, shrugged his shoulders and tapped his finger lightly against his wooden desk when he leaned back gradually against the chair, his eyes were fixated on the older seating beside him. No matter how much he tried, Mark was never really a talented liar, the way his lips uncharacteristically quiver as white lies spew from his lips were obvious and Jeno was irresolute on why he even bothered; Jeno was well aware that his best friend had made an agreement with Donghyuck, promising to tutor the younger in Math after class since he desperately needed to pass their next examination.

"I..." being caught red handed, Mark sighed in defeat, looking almost sorry, almost. "My bad, man. But I wasn't lying though. I still have to meet with Mr. Kim later."

Deep in his head, he was hoping that Mark would say yes, that he'll give up the chance to be with Donghyuck to be with him. But that would be selfish. Jeno knew that Mark was a busy person, and had a ton of obligations for the school and his dance club, so he shouldn't expect much from the older. And everything that concerned Donghyuck was a whole other story.

Mark couldn't be there all the time for him, even if he badly needed him.

"It's alright, I understand," melancholy laced through his words and it made Mark frown.

"You could stay at Winwin-hyung's place, you know," he proposed but Jeno made a face. "Oh right, Kun-hyung might be there."

"I don't want to burden them," he explained. "And Le's got cram school later too." The other two were nowhere to be found, probably went to the cafeteria to buy food which left the both of them by themselves in their classroom.

Mark was contemplating; fingers girthed his chin, brows furrowed in concentration, enumerating possible solutions to Jeno's distress. Mark knew that Jeno was impassively avoiding his parents— and was doing an excellent job at it. However, the older was completely against it, especially since Jeno rarely sees his parents for they were always away, but he knew the younger has his reasons, so he decided to side with him. But Jeno really shouldn't avoid them, Mark believed.

Running away from his problems was cowardly, and somehow childish— so unlike Jeno. Nothing good will come out from it.

Noisy chatter then spread into the room, voices coming from outside sounded near and clearer, disrupting Mark's thoughts and turned around to face the intruders. Donghyuck and Jaemin came striding inside the room side by side, talking; and at the sight of the younger brunette with dishevelled locks and a lively demeanour, a bright idea then stuck Mark, an invisible bulb lighted above his head.

"Hey Jae, you doing anything later?" Mark asked from his seat, noting the frown on Donghyuck's face as he hadn't greeted him and directly went to talk to Jaemin instead.