twelve

Mingyu had decided that it had fallen on the right time to tell Wonwoo all about plants and Wonwoo could tell how excited the younger boy was as he sat next to him on the bus to the garden centre. It was kind of cute, really, because Mingyu was smiling and talking about the new plant he was going to buy and the plant he was going to buy Wonwoo, despite Wonwoo insisting that he didn't need to buy him one.

"This is our stop," exclaimed Mingyu, pressing the stop button on the pole in front of him and pulling himself to his feet as the movements from the bus rocked him around so he was close to falling on top of Wonwoo.

Wonwoo was practically dragged off the bus by an excited Mingyu, who gripped his arm and pulled him behind him. Wonwoo smiled to himself.

The door to the garden centre was pushed open roughly and Mingyu dragged Wonwoo through it, gripping tightly onto his arm.

"Uh, Mingyu," Wonwoo piped up, wincing a little from the younger's tight grip.

"Yeah?" came Mingyu's reply as he continued to drag Wonwoo across the garden centre towards what Wonwoo assumed was the houseplant section.

"You're kinda hurting me," said Wonwoo.

Mingyu turned around and gave Wonwoo a confused look, before glancing down at their interlocked hands and suddenly letting go, his eyes wide and his ears beginning to flush red.

"Oh- Uh, I'm sorry, I didn't- Oh, god, I didn't realise I was holding your hand-"

Wonwoo smiled, laughing a little at the flustered boy in front of him. "It's fine."

Mingyu smiled shyly back, hiding his face by turning back around and walking quickly to the opposite side of the garden centre.

Watching Mingyu with something he clearly was so passionate about was one of the best things Wonwoo had witnessed in his life. It reminded him of his little half brother, Jungkook and the way the ten year old kid would point at things excitably. It was definitely more endearing when Mingyu did it, however, since Jungkook was nearly always snotty-nosed and Mingyu was extremely cute when he did so.

Wonwoo furrowed his eyebrows in confusion when the word 'cute' fell into his head from looking at the taller boy in front of him pointing out plants and describing how to care from them. It was a little weird that he had just called his male friend cute, but honestly, he really was.

"You okay?" asked Mingyu, noticing Wonwoo's facial expression.

Wonwoo nodded, relieving his face from the frown. "Yeah, I'm having fun."

A wide smile spread over Mingyu's face. "Really?"

"Yeah. It's nice to see you so excited about something."

Mingyu hid his face from Wonwoo again by covering his flushing cheeks with a plant pot. "Thanks, I guess," he muttered from behind his terracotta mask, and Wonwoo found himself almost blushing too.

"Here," said Mingyu, after a while of looking at plants and examining leaves and talking about how cute they were. He passed a pot to Wonwoo, which held a small plant with green, waxy leaves that almost looked kind of pointy. "It's a succulent. They're pretty easy to care for, so you might like one to have as your first plant."

Wonwoo took the plant from Mingyu and examined it, running a slender finger over the green leaves. "How much is it?"

Mingyu peered at the price tag. "8000 Won."

"Oh, that's pretty good," said Wonwoo, putting the plant back on the shelf and reaching into his hoodie pocket for some money.

"Nope," said Mingyu, picking the plant back up, along with a small spikey cactus he had picked out for himself, "I'm paying."

"You don't have to," Wonwoo protested, offering the money from his pocket towards Mingyu, who rejected it.

"But I want to."

Wonwoo sighed, realising that there was no use arguing. "If you're sure, thank you."

Mingyu smiled. "You're welcome."

Wonwoo smiled back and took the plant from Mingyu, their fingers brushing together as they did so. Wonwoo decided that he needed to get Mingyu to tell him about plants a lot more often.

got7 and infinites comebacks were lit im all set for shinee now ;)

also check out my new meanie fic 'psyche' wink woNK